Unhappy Bent heads for Sunderland under a cloud
With just days left to the start of the season, the transfer activity continues at White Hart Lane. Spurs and Sunderland have agreed a �12 million fee for 25-year-old striker Darren Bent, who joined from Charlton two years ago for a then club record of �1
With just days left to the start of the season, the transfer activity continues at White Hart Lane.
Spurs and Sunderland have agreed a �12 million fee for 25-year-old striker Darren Bent, who joined from Charlton two years ago for a then club record of �16.5 million. Bent passed a medical today.
His unhappy spell at the Lane looks like coming to an end in a week in which he criticised Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for the handling of his transfer.
Ironically, Bent's move has been made easier by the capture of Peter Crouch from Portsmouth. Sunderland were also keen to sign the England striker.
You may also want to watch:
The �12 million raised from the Bent deal is likely to be spent almost immediately on highly-rated Toulouse teenage midfielder Moussa Sissokoi.
However, Chelsea have been quick to scotch speculation around White Hart Lane that they are willing to consider an offer for Joe Cole.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
See this week's Ham&High for all the latest news from White Hart Lane.