Unhappy Bent heads for Sunderland under a cloud
With just days left to the start of the season, the transfer activity continues at White Hart Lane. Spurs and Sunderland have agreed a �12 million fee for 25-year-old striker Darren Bent, who joined from Charlton two years ago for a then club record of �1
With just days left to the start of the season, the transfer activity continues at White Hart Lane.
Spurs and Sunderland have agreed a �12 million fee for 25-year-old striker Darren Bent, who joined from Charlton two years ago for a then club record of �16.5 million. Bent passed a medical today.
His unhappy spell at the Lane looks like coming to an end in a week in which he criticised Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for the handling of his transfer.
Ironically, Bent's move has been made easier by the capture of Peter Crouch from Portsmouth. Sunderland were also keen to sign the England striker.
You may also want to watch:
The �12 million raised from the Bent deal is likely to be spent almost immediately on highly-rated Toulouse teenage midfielder Moussa Sissokoi.
However, Chelsea have been quick to scotch speculation around White Hart Lane that they are willing to consider an offer for Joe Cole.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
See this week's Ham&High for all the latest news from White Hart Lane.