Unhappy Bent heads for Sunderland under a cloud
With just days left to the start of the season, the transfer activity continues at White Hart Lane. Spurs and Sunderland have agreed a �12 million fee for 25-year-old striker Darren Bent, who joined from Charlton two years ago for a then club record of �1
With just days left to the start of the season, the transfer activity continues at White Hart Lane.
Spurs and Sunderland have agreed a �12 million fee for 25-year-old striker Darren Bent, who joined from Charlton two years ago for a then club record of �16.5 million. Bent passed a medical today.
His unhappy spell at the Lane looks like coming to an end in a week in which he criticised Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for the handling of his transfer.
Ironically, Bent's move has been made easier by the capture of Peter Crouch from Portsmouth. Sunderland were also keen to sign the England striker.
The �12 million raised from the Bent deal is likely to be spent almost immediately on highly-rated Toulouse teenage midfielder Moussa Sissokoi.
However, Chelsea have been quick to scotch speculation around White Hart Lane that they are willing to consider an offer for Joe Cole.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 7 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 8 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 9 'Shambles': Haringey's parking website still full of problems
- 10 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
See this week's Ham&High for all the latest news from White Hart Lane.