Unelected Labour candidate Sarah Sackman signs off letter as MP
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
With 49 days to go until the general election, Labour’s candidate for Finchley and Golders Green appears to be getting ahead of herself.
Heathman was surprised, if not a little concerned, by parliamentary candidate Sarah Sackman’s claim to have already entered parliament in a letter written this week.
The barrister, a former South Hampstead High School pupil, wrote to the editor voicing her opposition to Transport for London (TfL) plans to scrap the much-loved number 13 bus which connects Golders Green with central London.
Ms Sackman’s concern for an issue which has evidently upset large numbers of constituents is to be expected.
What caught the eye were the details at the bottom of the letter, which read: “Sarah Sackman Labour MP for Finchley and Golders Green”, which comes as a surprise to, among others, Mike Freer MP, the actual incumbent.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Sackman will no doubt put the erroneous information down to an honest mistake and strive to avoid any further such embarrassment for the remaining seven weeks of her campaign.
For reasons of accuracy, the editor has amended the sign-off in her letter, which graces today’s opinion pages.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre