Unelected Labour candidate Sarah Sackman signs off letter as MP
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
With 49 days to go until the general election, Labour’s candidate for Finchley and Golders Green appears to be getting ahead of herself.
Heathman was surprised, if not a little concerned, by parliamentary candidate Sarah Sackman’s claim to have already entered parliament in a letter written this week.
The barrister, a former South Hampstead High School pupil, wrote to the editor voicing her opposition to Transport for London (TfL) plans to scrap the much-loved number 13 bus which connects Golders Green with central London.
Ms Sackman’s concern for an issue which has evidently upset large numbers of constituents is to be expected.
What caught the eye were the details at the bottom of the letter, which read: “Sarah Sackman Labour MP for Finchley and Golders Green”, which comes as a surprise to, among others, Mike Freer MP, the actual incumbent.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Sackman will no doubt put the erroneous information down to an honest mistake and strive to avoid any further such embarrassment for the remaining seven weeks of her campaign.
For reasons of accuracy, the editor has amended the sign-off in her letter, which graces today’s opinion pages.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road