UFO sighting of orange balls of light over Hampstead Heath
An unidentified flying object was spotted floating over Hampstead Heath on Sunday (September 9) – but the UFO sighting will never be investigated.
An eyewitness spotted an orange ball of light floating over the open space, before disappearing only to reappear and multiply to six balls, according to the report posted under the name of Sheree Hall to UK UFO Sightings website.
The report said: “I was looking out of my window which is behind Hampstead Heath, and above in the sky was at first one ball of orange light! I was trying to work out if it was a plane, but it disappeared right before my eyes, then it reappeared but this time there were, about five or six orange balls of light that were moving in what looked an organized movement.
“Then I see an actual plane coming towards the light and it went right over the top of the light so the orange ball was not a plane because it would of crashed it was that close!
“Then a helicopter came and was hovering around the area of the lights as if it was watching the orange things. But they just kept moving in the sky and then they literally just vanished!
The balls appeared to move in unison for about 20 minutes, it was reported.
The witness added: “Never seen anything like that in my life! I don’t seek these kind of things out or have ever been bothered about UFOs but I know for sure that what I saw, was not of this world!”
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
But just last month the Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced it was shutting down its UFO investigating unit and the sighting will never be followed up.
A spokesman for the MoD said: “In over 50 years no UFO report revealed any evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom.
“The MoD had no specific capability for identifying the nature of such sightings and there would be no benefit in such an investigation.
“Furthermore, responding to reported UFO sightings diverted MoD resources from tasks that were more relevant to defence.”