UFO sighting of orange balls of light over Hampstead Heath
An unidentified flying object was spotted floating over Hampstead Heath on Sunday (September 9) – but the UFO sighting will never be investigated.
An eyewitness spotted an orange ball of light floating over the open space, before disappearing only to reappear and multiply to six balls, according to the report posted under the name of Sheree Hall to UK UFO Sightings website.
The report said: “I was looking out of my window which is behind Hampstead Heath, and above in the sky was at first one ball of orange light! I was trying to work out if it was a plane, but it disappeared right before my eyes, then it reappeared but this time there were, about five or six orange balls of light that were moving in what looked an organized movement.
“Then I see an actual plane coming towards the light and it went right over the top of the light so the orange ball was not a plane because it would of crashed it was that close!
“Then a helicopter came and was hovering around the area of the lights as if it was watching the orange things. But they just kept moving in the sky and then they literally just vanished!
You may also want to watch:
The balls appeared to move in unison for about 20 minutes, it was reported.
The witness added: “Never seen anything like that in my life! I don’t seek these kind of things out or have ever been bothered about UFOs but I know for sure that what I saw, was not of this world!”
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 4 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 7 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 8 Teenage girls banned from Camden after Hampstead robbery spree
- 9 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
But just last month the Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced it was shutting down its UFO investigating unit and the sighting will never be followed up.
A spokesman for the MoD said: “In over 50 years no UFO report revealed any evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom.
“The MoD had no specific capability for identifying the nature of such sightings and there would be no benefit in such an investigation.
“Furthermore, responding to reported UFO sightings diverted MoD resources from tasks that were more relevant to defence.”