UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- Credit: Charlie Gordon
The pandemic has had a profound impact on education, but two teenagers at UCS Hampstead found an innovative way of revising some key history topics: they started their own podcast.
Charlie Gordon and Jonah Howe - both in year 11 - have invited top historians onto their podcast The Historic Present and have discussed topics including the Treaty of Versailles and Stalin.
Charlie told the Ham&High: "Myself and Jonah have been running a history and current affairs podcast. We started in November to help with people studying or revising for our GCSEs. We've been trying to get as many proper historians on as possible.
"We think school have been impressed."
So far, guests have included the historian and writer Guy Walters.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Beard, headmaster at UCS Hampstead, added; "Jonah and Charlie came up with the idea for the podcast back in November and this term it has gone from strength to strength"
He said the school is very proud, adding: "The number of listeners is a testimony to the high quality of the broadcast."
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 10 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
The Historic Present is available on most podcast platforms.