UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- Credit: Charlie Gordon
The pandemic has had a profound impact on education, but two teenagers at UCS Hampstead found an innovative way of revising some key history topics: they started their own podcast.
Charlie Gordon and Jonah Howe - both in year 11 - have invited top historians onto their podcast The Historic Present and have discussed topics including the Treaty of Versailles and Stalin.
Charlie told the Ham&High: "Myself and Jonah have been running a history and current affairs podcast. We started in November to help with people studying or revising for our GCSEs. We've been trying to get as many proper historians on as possible.
"We think school have been impressed."
So far, guests have included the historian and writer Guy Walters.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Beard, headmaster at UCS Hampstead, added; "Jonah and Charlie came up with the idea for the podcast back in November and this term it has gone from strength to strength"
He said the school is very proud, adding: "The number of listeners is a testimony to the high quality of the broadcast."
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
The Historic Present is available on most podcast platforms.