Two other clubs show interest in Spurs target Leandro Damiao
Tottenham are not the only club interested in Brazilian forward
Internacional president Giovanni Luigi has revealed that three clubs have bid for Leandro Damiao – but admits that he would prefer to sell the striker in January.
Spurs made the first approach for 21-year-old Brazil forward Damiao last month and, having seen a �10.6million offer rejected in early June, are believed to have had an improved �12m bid accepted.
Lengthy negotiations between the clubs are continuing, and the deal is complicated by the fact that Damiao is owned by the third parties.
However, Luigi has now confirmed that the main sticking point is Inter’s desire to hold onto their star striker until the end of the Brazilian season in December.
While the president concedes that Internacional may get a bigger fee now than they would receive in January, he insists that is loathe to lose Damiao this summer.
“We currently have three proposals for him; very good proposals,” said Luigi. “We know that the summer window in Europe values players more highly than in winter.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 6 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 7 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 8 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
“It is important that we negotiate the best price for Damio. But we want to make a deal similar to the one with Sandro, and ensure that Damiao stays until the end of the current Brasileir�o campaign. That is very important for our negotiations.”
Tottenham are thought to be willing to increase their offer if it would secure Damiao’s release before the start of their Premier League campaign.
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs