Two more arrests in 25-year-old PC Blakelock murder case
TWO more men have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Muswell Hill beat officer PC Keith Blakelock. PC Blakelock was hacked to death 25 years ago on October 6, 1985 during the Broadwater Farm riots in Tottenham. The men, aged 52 and 46, were arres
TWO more men have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Muswell Hill beat officer PC Keith Blakelock.
PC Blakelock was hacked to death 25 years ago on October 6, 1985 during the Broadwater Farm riots in Tottenham.
The men, aged 52 and 46, were arrested at two separate addresses in north London at around 8am on Friday.
The pair, originally from Tottenham, were taken to a north London police station for questioning and have now been released on bail until September.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-old man originally from Tottenham was arrested in February and answered bail in May - he will now report back in August after being bailed again.
A police spokesman said: "Police would like to reassure anyone who has information regarding those involved in the murder of PC Keith Blakelock, or the attempted murder of PC Richard Coombes who was also attacked and injured during the riots, that they can contact the incident room in confidence on 020 8733 4613.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 6 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 7 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 8 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 9 'She means the world': Councillor's plea to bring home missing cat Evey
- 10 Early plans under way for Dartmouth Park LTN scheme