Two men await sentence for acid attack on model
TWO men are being sentenced today (Friday) for their part in scarring a Golders Green model for life. The 25-year-old television star had her career cut short after having acid thrown in her face, leaving her permanently disfigured and needing 30 operatio
TWO men are being sentenced today (Friday) for their part in scarring a Golders Green model for life.
The 25-year-old television star had her career cut short after having acid thrown in her face, leaving her permanently disfigured and needing 30 operations for skin grafts and plastic surgery.
Former boyfriend Danny Lynch, 29, was awaiting his fate today at Wood Green Crown Court, along with accomplice Steffan Sylvestre. Last month Lynch was found guilty of raping the model and ordering the acid attack on her, as well as attacking her on another occasion. Sylvestre was found guilty of GBH after throwing sulphuric acid in her face as she crossed Golders Green Road last March.
The aspiring model and actress - who cannot be named for legal reasons - told the court of the horrific impact the ordeal has had on her life.
You may also want to watch:
An impact statement prepared by the terrified victim was read out to the court today by prosecutor Richard Milne. In her statement she said: "I have lost my future, my career, my spirit, my body and my dignity. All I am left with is an empty shell.
"Part of me has died and that will never return. This is worse than death.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
"The ongoing mental and physical torture has crushed me. I am now an empty shell of my former self."
The court was shown a DVD showing the woman in her modelling days.
Continuing her statement, she said: "When the acid was thrown at me, I felt like I was burning in hell. It was indescribably tortuous pain.
"I don't even have any facial expressions. My face is taught and stiff and lifeless."
The judge is expected to hand sentences to the pair this afternoon.