Two men arrested for Paddington shooting death
Arrests made on suspicion of the murder of Daniel Smith in May
TWO men have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Daniel Smith who was shot to death in Paddington in May.
The pair, aged 23 and 48, are being questioned in connection with the incident which took place in the early hours of May 22 outside KFC on Harrow Road.
It is believed Mr Smith, 22, was entirely innocent and may have been mistaken for someone else.
Speaking to the Wood&Vale earlier this year, Detective Inspector Mark Brookes said the murder was thought to be gang-related.
He said: “We know there were people in the shop 10 minutes before him. We’ve spoken to those people, they know who they are, and we think they were probably the intended targets.
“These people who have come and murdered him – they’ve just been brazen. They thought he was someone else and for that they shot him.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
“And they probably don’t care that they have got the wrong person. They’ll probably carry on until they have got the person they were after.”
Seven men have previously been arrested on suspicion of Mr Smith’s murder but all of them have been bailed with no charges brought.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Incident Room on 020 8733 4704 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.