Two festive fairs set to light up Hampstead this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead is set to be lit up with two Christmas fairs this festive season, with both the Hampstead Village Christmas Fair, and the Marie Curie Hospice Christmas event taking place.
The brand-new Hampstead Christmas Fair will take place on Hampstead High Street between midday and 5pm on December 3.
A reindeer will be at the fair, as will a Santa’s grotto, premium street food and craft stalls, and vintage fairground rides.
Local shops will be open all afternoon, with some participating in a festive trail, offering refreshments, and the chance to enter a prize draw to win a hamper.
There will also be performances from musicians and performers throughout the village, including choral performers, vocalists, guitarists, and jugglers.
You may also want to watch:
Schools will be taking part in the day, with ten taking part in an art competition organised by the Hampstead School of Art. Entries to the competition to decorate wooden reindeer, and sleighs will be displayed at the fair. Winners will be announced at the event.
The high street will be pedestrianised for the event, with food, drink and entertainment for visitors.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
Caroline Goldsack, Chief Executive of Hampstead Village Christmas Fair, and Hampstead Village Business Improvement District (BID), said: “We’re so pleased to be bringing Christmas cheer to Hampstead, thanks to the support of local businesses. Hampstead is a unique and special place and the Christmas fair will celebrate its distinctive atmosphere and charm. We look forward to welcoming local residents and visitors to join in the fun, be entertained and enjoy our area at its best in the run-up to Christmas.”
The previous Hampstead Christmas Festival was cancelled last year, as nobody was able to take charge of the organisation of the event.
In previous years, actress Barbara Windsor and TV presenter Jonathan Ross have turned the Christmas Lights on at the event.
When it was cancelled in 2016, BID had pledged to help organise the new event.
Ms Goldsack added: “We’re proud that the BID has the structure, funds and means to be able to bring Hampstead a new professionally-run Christmas Fair. We hope locals and visitors will come and enjoy the festive atmosphere, and explore Hampstead.”