Two deaths in two days at Hampstead and Belsize Park Tube stations
- Credit: Archant
Two people have died in two days on the tracks at Hampstead and Belsize Park Tube stations, including an 80-year-old man.
The police were called to Hampstead Underground Station just before 12pm on Friday to reports of a body of an elderly man on the line.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The next day, emergency services were called to Belsize Park Underground Station at about 4.40pm to a person under a train.
A 21-year-old man was found dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
It follows a string of deaths on London’s rail network in the last seven days.
A spokeswoman for British Transport Police (BTP) said of the incident in Hampstead on Friday: “The incident is not being treated as suspicious, and officers are now working to contact the man’s family. A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
Of the incident on Saturday at Belsize Park, she added: “BTP officers attended the station alongside colleagues from London Ambulance Service. A man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“The incident is currently not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”