Alex Smith: Two men charged with murder over 16-year-old’s death in Munster Square
- Credit: Archant
Two 19-year-olds have been charged with the murder of teenager Alex Smith in the Regent’s Park Estate last week.
Yusuf Yusuf, from Sandwell Crescent in West Hampstead was arrested on suspicion of murder on Saturday. Meanwhile Arif Biomy of Wickham Lane, Greenwich, was arrested on suspicion of murder in Wembley on Sunday.
Both were charged with Alex's murder in the early hours fo this morning, and are set to appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates Court later on today.
Alex was stabbed to death in Munster Square late on August 12.
Three other men, aged 23, 18 and 20 have been arrested in connection with his killing. The 23-year-old and 18-year-old were arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until mid-September.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old, arrested on August 16, has also been bailed until mid-September.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 7 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment