Alex Smith: Two men charged with murder over 16-year-old’s death in Munster Square
- Credit: Archant
Two 19-year-olds have been charged with the murder of teenager Alex Smith in the Regent’s Park Estate last week.
Yusuf Yusuf, from Sandwell Crescent in West Hampstead was arrested on suspicion of murder on Saturday. Meanwhile Arif Biomy of Wickham Lane, Greenwich, was arrested on suspicion of murder in Wembley on Sunday.
Both were charged with Alex's murder in the early hours fo this morning, and are set to appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates Court later on today.
Alex was stabbed to death in Munster Square late on August 12.
Three other men, aged 23, 18 and 20 have been arrested in connection with his killing. The 23-year-old and 18-year-old were arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until mid-September.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old, arrested on August 16, has also been bailed until mid-September.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation