Alex Smith: Two men charged with murder over 16-year-old’s death in Munster Square
- Credit: Archant
Two 19-year-olds have been charged with the murder of teenager Alex Smith in the Regent’s Park Estate last week.
Yusuf Yusuf, from Sandwell Crescent in West Hampstead was arrested on suspicion of murder on Saturday. Meanwhile Arif Biomy of Wickham Lane, Greenwich, was arrested on suspicion of murder in Wembley on Sunday.
Both were charged with Alex's murder in the early hours fo this morning, and are set to appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates Court later on today.
Alex was stabbed to death in Munster Square late on August 12.
Three other men, aged 23, 18 and 20 have been arrested in connection with his killing. The 23-year-old and 18-year-old were arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until mid-September.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old, arrested on August 16, has also been bailed until mid-September.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 'Balanced diet vitally important for our mental health and wellbeing'