Two binmen brawl in Hampstead street after lorries go to head to head
- Credit: Archant
An invesitagtion is underway after two binmen ended up in hospital following a brawlin the middle of a usually quiet Hampstead street.
Officers were called to Heath Drive at 10.49am last Thursday after getting reports of a road rage incident.
According to one witness, who asked not to be named, two bin lorries went head to head on the road before the dustbin men began to fight.
An onlooker said: “This is not the kind of thing one expects in a leafy Hampstead street.”
A Met spokeswoman said both men suffered minor injuries and were taken to a north London hospital following the punch up.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Both men have made allegations against the other but no arrests have been made. No one is in custody at the moment.”
A spokeswoman for Veolia, which runs the waste collection service, said: “An incident involving an altercation between two members of staff was reported to management immediately after it happened on 14 December.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
“Veolia has a strict dignity at work policy which all colleagues are expected to adhere to and takes an incident of this nature very seriously.
“The two members of staff are being managed within our company’s policies and procedures and a full investigation is underway,” she added.