Two binmen brawl in Hampstead street after lorries go to head to head
- Credit: Archant
An invesitagtion is underway after two binmen ended up in hospital following a brawlin the middle of a usually quiet Hampstead street.
Officers were called to Heath Drive at 10.49am last Thursday after getting reports of a road rage incident.
According to one witness, who asked not to be named, two bin lorries went head to head on the road before the dustbin men began to fight.
An onlooker said: “This is not the kind of thing one expects in a leafy Hampstead street.”
A Met spokeswoman said both men suffered minor injuries and were taken to a north London hospital following the punch up.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Both men have made allegations against the other but no arrests have been made. No one is in custody at the moment.”
A spokeswoman for Veolia, which runs the waste collection service, said: “An incident involving an altercation between two members of staff was reported to management immediately after it happened on 14 December.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa
“Veolia has a strict dignity at work policy which all colleagues are expected to adhere to and takes an incident of this nature very seriously.
“The two members of staff are being managed within our company’s policies and procedures and a full investigation is underway,” she added.