TV star 'beaten and raped' by boyfriend
THE horrific moments when a rising Golders Green TV star was allegedly beaten and raped by her obsessive boyfriend were relived in court this week. The 24-year-old model and TV presenter was attacked by steroid-fuelled Daniel Lynch at the Ramada Hotel i
THE horrific moments when a rising Golders Green TV star was allegedly beaten and raped by her "obsessive" boyfriend were relived in court this week.
The 24-year-old model and TV presenter was attacked by steroid-fuelled Daniel Lynch at the Ramada Hotel in Bayswater on March 27 last year, a jury at Wood Green Crown Court heard.
Four days after the alleged rape, the victim, who must remain anonymous for legal reasons, was scarred for life when she had acid thrown in her face in Golders Green Road.
Mr Lynch was found guilty of ordering the acid attack in a trial last year but the jury at the time could not reach a verdict on the rape charge.
You may also want to watch:
At the retrial on the rape charge, recordings of the victim being interviewed by police in hospital in the weeks after the attack were shown to the jury.
She described the moment when martial arts expert Mr Lynch turned on her in the hotel room.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
"He pushed me against the door and there was a big fire exit sign and I smacked my head on the back and split my head open.
"It was so hard. I had never been hit so hard. It took my breath away and I fell to the floor."
Mr Lynch pulled the blood-soaked woman into the bath and ordered her to take her clothes off, the court heard. Despite screaming for him to let her go to hospital, Mr Lynch pulled her from the bath and onto the bed, the jury was told.
"He said to me, 'I want to have sex with you.' I started screaming. But he said, 'No-one is going to help you', and put me on the bed face down," she said.
"I was so worried because he had already split my head open and now he was doing this. I lay there thinking I was going to die."
Their relationship had only begun 10 days earlier after first meeting through the social networking site Facebook, the court heard.
Mr Lynch denies raping the model but has admitted attacking her in the hotel room.
The trial continues.