Turkish Tofu Kofta recipe
Turkish Tofu Kofta
Ingredients2 slices wholemeal seed bread, made into fine crumbs250g plain Cauldron tofu, drained½ tsp pepper1 tsp ground cumin½ tsp allspice1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)2 cloves garlic, crushed2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped2 free range eggs, whisked1 tbsp vegetable oil
MethodChop the tofu in food processor. Place wholemeal breadcrumbs in large bowl.
Add ground tofu, spices, herbs, garlic, and whisked egg and mix well.Taking 1 tbsp at a time, roll the mixture into small balls (the koftas refrigerate well at this point for later use or next day).
You may also want to watch:
In a frying pan, heat oil and fry koftas stirring them several times to ensure even cooking and browning. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
Serve koftas hot with a spicy tomato sauce on a bed of rice or in a pitta bread pocket with salad.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
Recipe taken from the Cordon Vert Turkish Delight workshop at the Cordon Vert Cookery School at The Vegetarian Society. For more information about National Vegetarian Week or The Vegetarian Society contact 0161 925 2000, write to Parkdale, Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4QG or log on to www.vegsoc.org.