Turkish Tofu Kofta recipe
Turkish Tofu Kofta
Ingredients2 slices wholemeal seed bread, made into fine crumbs250g plain Cauldron tofu, drained½ tsp pepper1 tsp ground cumin½ tsp allspice1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)2 cloves garlic, crushed2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped2 free range eggs, whisked1 tbsp vegetable oil
MethodChop the tofu in food processor. Place wholemeal breadcrumbs in large bowl.
Add ground tofu, spices, herbs, garlic, and whisked egg and mix well.Taking 1 tbsp at a time, roll the mixture into small balls (the koftas refrigerate well at this point for later use or next day).
You may also want to watch:
In a frying pan, heat oil and fry koftas stirring them several times to ensure even cooking and browning. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
Serve koftas hot with a spicy tomato sauce on a bed of rice or in a pitta bread pocket with salad.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
Recipe taken from the Cordon Vert Turkish Delight workshop at the Cordon Vert Cookery School at The Vegetarian Society. For more information about National Vegetarian Week or The Vegetarian Society contact 0161 925 2000, write to Parkdale, Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4QG or log on to www.vegsoc.org.