Turkish Tofu Kofta recipe
Turkish Tofu Kofta
Ingredients2 slices wholemeal seed bread, made into fine crumbs250g plain Cauldron tofu, drained½ tsp pepper1 tsp ground cumin½ tsp allspice1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)2 cloves garlic, crushed2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped2 free range eggs, whisked1 tbsp vegetable oil
MethodChop the tofu in food processor. Place wholemeal breadcrumbs in large bowl.
Add ground tofu, spices, herbs, garlic, and whisked egg and mix well.Taking 1 tbsp at a time, roll the mixture into small balls (the koftas refrigerate well at this point for later use or next day).
You may also want to watch:
In a frying pan, heat oil and fry koftas stirring them several times to ensure even cooking and browning. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
Serve koftas hot with a spicy tomato sauce on a bed of rice or in a pitta bread pocket with salad.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 Royal Free and Whittington under pressure amid London 'major incident'
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Recipe taken from the Cordon Vert Turkish Delight workshop at the Cordon Vert Cookery School at The Vegetarian Society. For more information about National Vegetarian Week or The Vegetarian Society contact 0161 925 2000, write to Parkdale, Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4QG or log on to www.vegsoc.org.