Tunisian Orange Cake recipe
300g Caster sugar
150g ground almonds
250 ml sunflower oil
You may also want to watch:
100g bread crumbs
2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 4 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 5 Five things we learned in Arsenal's first win at Chelsea in 10 years
- 6 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 7 Primrose Hill's night-time closure has split north London residents
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 10 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
Zest of one lemon and one orange
Juice of one lemon and one orange
1 cinnamon stick
75g caster sugar
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Break eggs into a jug and whisk gently with the sunflower oil.
Pour the sloppy egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well.
Transfer the cake mixture into a greased and lined 9” cake tin and bake
for around 40 minutes at 180° (fan 170) /gas mark 4.
For the syrup
Whilst the cake is baking, combine all the ingredients for the sugar syrup in a pan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 4 minutes.
When the cake is ready, pierce it several times and pour the spiced syrup over the top.
Leave to cool, if you can wait that long.