Tunisian Orange Cake recipe
300g Caster sugar
150g ground almonds
250 ml sunflower oil
You may also want to watch:
100g bread crumbs
2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Zest of one lemon and one orange
Juice of one lemon and one orange
1 cinnamon stick
75g caster sugar
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Break eggs into a jug and whisk gently with the sunflower oil.
Pour the sloppy egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well.
Transfer the cake mixture into a greased and lined 9” cake tin and bake
for around 40 minutes at 180° (fan 170) /gas mark 4.
For the syrup
Whilst the cake is baking, combine all the ingredients for the sugar syrup in a pan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 4 minutes.
When the cake is ready, pierce it several times and pour the spiced syrup over the top.
Leave to cool, if you can wait that long.