Tunisian Orange Cake recipe
300g Caster sugar
150g ground almonds
250 ml sunflower oil
100g bread crumbs
2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 4 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 5 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 6 Barnet, Camden and Haringey receive boost for low vaccine uptake
- 7 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
- 8 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 9 Pond Street potholes causing 'mini earthquake' and 'damage to homes'
- 10 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
Zest of one lemon and one orange
Juice of one lemon and one orange
1 cinnamon stick
75g caster sugar
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Break eggs into a jug and whisk gently with the sunflower oil.
Pour the sloppy egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well.
Transfer the cake mixture into a greased and lined 9” cake tin and bake
for around 40 minutes at 180° (fan 170) /gas mark 4.
For the syrup
Whilst the cake is baking, combine all the ingredients for the sugar syrup in a pan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 4 minutes.
When the cake is ready, pierce it several times and pour the spiced syrup over the top.
Leave to cool, if you can wait that long.