Tunisian Orange Cake recipe
300g Caster sugar
150g ground almonds
250 ml sunflower oil
100g bread crumbs
2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 2 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 6 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 7 New Camden real-time pollution sensors show 'unhealthy' borough air
- 8 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 9 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 10 Scenic setting for stylish and comfortable Muswell Hill home
Zest of one lemon and one orange
Juice of one lemon and one orange
1 cinnamon stick
75g caster sugar
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Break eggs into a jug and whisk gently with the sunflower oil.
Pour the sloppy egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well.
Transfer the cake mixture into a greased and lined 9” cake tin and bake
for around 40 minutes at 180° (fan 170) /gas mark 4.
For the syrup
Whilst the cake is baking, combine all the ingredients for the sugar syrup in a pan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 4 minutes.
When the cake is ready, pierce it several times and pour the spiced syrup over the top.
Leave to cool, if you can wait that long.