Tunisian Orange Cake recipe
300g Caster sugar
150g ground almonds
250 ml sunflower oil
You may also want to watch:
100g bread crumbs
2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
Zest of one lemon and one orange
Juice of one lemon and one orange
1 cinnamon stick
75g caster sugar
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Break eggs into a jug and whisk gently with the sunflower oil.
Pour the sloppy egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well.
Transfer the cake mixture into a greased and lined 9” cake tin and bake
for around 40 minutes at 180° (fan 170) /gas mark 4.
For the syrup
Whilst the cake is baking, combine all the ingredients for the sugar syrup in a pan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 4 minutes.
When the cake is ready, pierce it several times and pour the spiced syrup over the top.
Leave to cool, if you can wait that long.