Christopher Slamon: Family of swimmer who died in Hampstead Heath pond on Saturday pay tribute
- Credit: Archant
The friends and family of the swimmer who died in Highgate Men’s Pond on Saturday have paid tribute to a “much loved family man.”
Christopher Slamon died in the pond on the Heath after going swimming just after 8am on Saturday. He had met up with two friends and visited the pool to do laps.
In a statement his wife said: "My husband Chris Slamon was a wonderful father to our two lovely girls.
"The support from his many friends and family has been overwhelming and a true reflection of the huge personality he was.
"We would like to thank all the various authorities involved over the last few days, in particular the police and the lifeguards at the men's pond."
It is believed he became ill while swimming on Saturday morning. His body was later recovered by police divers on Monday morning.
The 54-year-old worked as an architect for Stockwool, based in Whitechapel. He was born in Moss Side, Manchester and moved to London in the 1980s.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
He is survived by his wife and two children, as well as his mother and brothers.
His wife and family have asked that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.
Did you know Christopher? Send any tributes to email@example.com