Christopher Slamon: Family of swimmer who died in Hampstead Heath pond on Saturday pay tribute
- Credit: Archant
The friends and family of the swimmer who died in Highgate Men’s Pond on Saturday have paid tribute to a “much loved family man.”
Christopher Slamon died in the pond on the Heath after going swimming just after 8am on Saturday. He had met up with two friends and visited the pool to do laps.
In a statement his wife said: "My husband Chris Slamon was a wonderful father to our two lovely girls.
"The support from his many friends and family has been overwhelming and a true reflection of the huge personality he was.
"We would like to thank all the various authorities involved over the last few days, in particular the police and the lifeguards at the men's pond."
You may also want to watch:
It is believed he became ill while swimming on Saturday morning. His body was later recovered by police divers on Monday morning.
The 54-year-old worked as an architect for Stockwool, based in Whitechapel. He was born in Moss Side, Manchester and moved to London in the 1980s.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
He is survived by his wife and two children, as well as his mother and brothers.
His wife and family have asked that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.
Did you know Christopher? Send any tributes to firstname.lastname@example.org