Christopher Slamon: Family of swimmer who died in Hampstead Heath pond on Saturday pay tribute
- Credit: Archant
The friends and family of the swimmer who died in Highgate Men’s Pond on Saturday have paid tribute to a “much loved family man.”
Christopher Slamon died in the pond on the Heath after going swimming just after 8am on Saturday. He had met up with two friends and visited the pool to do laps.
In a statement his wife said: "My husband Chris Slamon was a wonderful father to our two lovely girls.
"The support from his many friends and family has been overwhelming and a true reflection of the huge personality he was.
"We would like to thank all the various authorities involved over the last few days, in particular the police and the lifeguards at the men's pond."
You may also want to watch:
It is believed he became ill while swimming on Saturday morning. His body was later recovered by police divers on Monday morning.
The 54-year-old worked as an architect for Stockwool, based in Whitechapel. He was born in Moss Side, Manchester and moved to London in the 1980s.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
He is survived by his wife and two children, as well as his mother and brothers.
His wife and family have asked that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.
Did you know Christopher? Send any tributes to firstname.lastname@example.org