Treena Fleming: New police chief for Haringey and Enfield takes post
- Credit: Archant
There’s a new figure at the top of Haringey police.
Det. Ch. Supt Treena Fleming has taken over as commander of the Met Police's North Basic Command Unit (BCU) which comprises Haringey and Enfield.
Det Ch Supt. Fleming has replaced Commander Helen Millichap who has now been promoted after three years in the job.
The new woman in charge was previously the safeguarding lead for the Central North BCU (Camden and Islington).
She officially took over at the end of May.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Supt. Fleming said it was "an honour and privilege" to serve the two boroughs. She added: "I am looking forward to hearing the views of the local communities in my engagement with them so that I may ensure that both I and my police team are working hard to keep our communities safe from harm and addressing the issues that matter to them most."
Haringey became part of the North Area BCU as part of a Met re-organisation that took effect in January this year.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 7 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed