Treena Fleming: New police chief for Haringey and Enfield takes post
- Credit: Archant
There’s a new figure at the top of Haringey police.
Det. Ch. Supt Treena Fleming has taken over as commander of the Met Police's North Basic Command Unit (BCU) which comprises Haringey and Enfield.
Det Ch Supt. Fleming has replaced Commander Helen Millichap who has now been promoted after three years in the job.
The new woman in charge was previously the safeguarding lead for the Central North BCU (Camden and Islington).
She officially took over at the end of May.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Supt. Fleming said it was "an honour and privilege" to serve the two boroughs. She added: "I am looking forward to hearing the views of the local communities in my engagement with them so that I may ensure that both I and my police team are working hard to keep our communities safe from harm and addressing the issues that matter to them most."
Haringey became part of the North Area BCU as part of a Met re-organisation that took effect in January this year.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 8 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 9 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block