Treena Fleming: New police chief for Haringey and Enfield takes post
- Credit: Archant
There’s a new figure at the top of Haringey police.
Det. Ch. Supt Treena Fleming has taken over as commander of the Met Police's North Basic Command Unit (BCU) which comprises Haringey and Enfield.
Det Ch Supt. Fleming has replaced Commander Helen Millichap who has now been promoted after three years in the job.
The new woman in charge was previously the safeguarding lead for the Central North BCU (Camden and Islington).
She officially took over at the end of May.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Supt. Fleming said it was "an honour and privilege" to serve the two boroughs. She added: "I am looking forward to hearing the views of the local communities in my engagement with them so that I may ensure that both I and my police team are working hard to keep our communities safe from harm and addressing the issues that matter to them most."
Haringey became part of the North Area BCU as part of a Met re-organisation that took effect in January this year.
- 1 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 2 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'