Travel chaos in North London this weekend
WEEKEND travel could prove chaotic this weekend with closures to the Underground, Overground and bus services. The Jubilee line is suspended between Wembley Park and Waterloo on Saturday leaving stations like West Hampstead, Finchley Road,
WEEKEND travel could prove chaotic this weekend with closures to the Underground, Overground and bus services.
The Jubilee line is suspended between Wembley Park and Waterloo on Saturday leaving stations like West Hampstead, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage and St. Johns Wood closed.
The service improves slightly on Sunday with the closure reduced to Finchley Road to Waterloo.
You may also want to watch:
The London Overground service is also closed on Sunday between Richmond and Stratford through West Hampstead, Finchley and Frognal, Hampstead Heath, Gospel Oak and Kentish Town West.
The Bus services in the area are all running but some will have severe delays.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
The 210 bus has delays due to drainage and resurfacing works on the Staples Corner Flyover until the 3 October.
This is also causing major delays for the C11 bus.
The C11 has further serious delays due to gas main replacement works on West End Lane but this will finish on the August 27.
The 268 and 46 buses will be delayed as a result of water mains replacement in Heath Street and Hampstead High Street and are being diverted northbound Downshire Hill and East Heath Road and southbound between East Heath Road and Pond Street. This will be continuing until the September 19.