Travel chaos in North London this weekend
WEEKEND travel could prove chaotic this weekend with closures to the Underground, Overground and bus services. The Jubilee line is suspended between Wembley Park and Waterloo on Saturday leaving stations like West Hampstead, Finchley Road,
WEEKEND travel could prove chaotic this weekend with closures to the Underground, Overground and bus services.
The Jubilee line is suspended between Wembley Park and Waterloo on Saturday leaving stations like West Hampstead, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage and St. Johns Wood closed.
The service improves slightly on Sunday with the closure reduced to Finchley Road to Waterloo.
You may also want to watch:
The London Overground service is also closed on Sunday between Richmond and Stratford through West Hampstead, Finchley and Frognal, Hampstead Heath, Gospel Oak and Kentish Town West.
The Bus services in the area are all running but some will have severe delays.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
The 210 bus has delays due to drainage and resurfacing works on the Staples Corner Flyover until the 3 October.
This is also causing major delays for the C11 bus.
The C11 has further serious delays due to gas main replacement works on West End Lane but this will finish on the August 27.
The 268 and 46 buses will be delayed as a result of water mains replacement in Heath Street and Hampstead High Street and are being diverted northbound Downshire Hill and East Heath Road and southbound between East Heath Road and Pond Street. This will be continuing until the September 19.