Travel chaos in North London this weekend
WEEKEND travel could prove chaotic this weekend with closures to the Underground, Overground and bus services. The Jubilee line is suspended between Wembley Park and Waterloo on Saturday leaving stations like West Hampstead, Finchley Road,
WEEKEND travel could prove chaotic this weekend with closures to the Underground, Overground and bus services.
The Jubilee line is suspended between Wembley Park and Waterloo on Saturday leaving stations like West Hampstead, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage and St. Johns Wood closed.
The service improves slightly on Sunday with the closure reduced to Finchley Road to Waterloo.
You may also want to watch:
The London Overground service is also closed on Sunday between Richmond and Stratford through West Hampstead, Finchley and Frognal, Hampstead Heath, Gospel Oak and Kentish Town West.
The Bus services in the area are all running but some will have severe delays.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
The 210 bus has delays due to drainage and resurfacing works on the Staples Corner Flyover until the 3 October.
This is also causing major delays for the C11 bus.
The C11 has further serious delays due to gas main replacement works on West End Lane but this will finish on the August 27.
The 268 and 46 buses will be delayed as a result of water mains replacement in Heath Street and Hampstead High Street and are being diverted northbound Downshire Hill and East Heath Road and southbound between East Heath Road and Pond Street. This will be continuing until the September 19.