Transport on the move again after snow blizzards
NORTH London was moving again this morning as the transport network began to return to normal after the worst snowfall in two decades. Most of London's buses were back on the roads and more trains were back on the Underground. There are still disruptions,
NORTH London was moving again this morning as the transport network began to return to normal after the worst snowfall in two decades.
Most of London's buses were back on the roads and more trains were back on the Underground.
There are still disruptions, however, with the part suspension of the bakerloo, hammersmith and city, and district lines, while the circle line remains completely suspended. The jubilee, metropolitan and piccadilly lines are reporting delays, but there is good service on the northern, Victoria, central and waterloo and city lines.
Warnings have been issued to motorists and pedestrians as the snow turned to ice overnight leading to treacherous conditions on the roads and pavements.
You may also want to watch:
A Transport for London spokesman said: "Transport for London staff have been working through the night to ensure that as many services as possible are operating this morning and have also been out gritting London's major roads and working with local authority teams in an effort to keep traffic moving. However with continued low temperatures drivers are advised to exercise caution particularly on local roads."
Sunshine is forecast for today with a chance of a snow flurry this afternoon.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 3 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 4 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 7 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 8 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
* See this week's Ham&High for a picture special on the snow