Transport on the move again after snow blizzards
NORTH London was moving again this morning as the transport network began to return to normal after the worst snowfall in two decades. Most of London's buses were back on the roads and more trains were back on the Underground. There are still disruptions,
NORTH London was moving again this morning as the transport network began to return to normal after the worst snowfall in two decades.
Most of London's buses were back on the roads and more trains were back on the Underground.
There are still disruptions, however, with the part suspension of the bakerloo, hammersmith and city, and district lines, while the circle line remains completely suspended. The jubilee, metropolitan and piccadilly lines are reporting delays, but there is good service on the northern, Victoria, central and waterloo and city lines.
Warnings have been issued to motorists and pedestrians as the snow turned to ice overnight leading to treacherous conditions on the roads and pavements.
You may also want to watch:
A Transport for London spokesman said: "Transport for London staff have been working through the night to ensure that as many services as possible are operating this morning and have also been out gritting London's major roads and working with local authority teams in an effort to keep traffic moving. However with continued low temperatures drivers are advised to exercise caution particularly on local roads."
Sunshine is forecast for today with a chance of a snow flurry this afternoon.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
* See this week's Ham&High for a picture special on the snow