Training begins for YMCA Crouch End 10km run
- Credit: Archant
Runners preparing for the YMCA North London’s Crouch End 10km event on Sunday May 21 can now join weekly training sessions every Tuesday evening up until race week.
The sessions, led by runners from London Heathside Athletics Club, are geared towards new and improving runners with sessions focused on building up running fitness, distance and intensity culminating on race day.
Nilesh Goswami, Heathside’s Crouch End 10km session co-ordinator, said: “Ten kilometers can feel like an awfully long way if you are new to that distance! So we offer structured training sessions to prepare you for the big day.
“Running with others motivates you to push that bit harder than if you train on your own, and training under direction of a run leader, the sessions are more structured towards improving your running.
“But don’t worry - sessions are fun and friendly, and suit a range of fitness levels and are very social.”
Sessions cost £5 per person, with £2 of that going towards the YMCA’s work with vulnerable people at their hostel.
Runners should meet at the YMCA Fitness Centre, on Elmfield Avenue, at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start.
More info at www.ymcanorthlondon.org.uk/training/
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 4 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future