Training begins for YMCA Crouch End 10km run
- Credit: Archant
Runners preparing for the YMCA North London’s Crouch End 10km event on Sunday May 21 can now join weekly training sessions every Tuesday evening up until race week.
The sessions, led by runners from London Heathside Athletics Club, are geared towards new and improving runners with sessions focused on building up running fitness, distance and intensity culminating on race day.
Nilesh Goswami, Heathside’s Crouch End 10km session co-ordinator, said: “Ten kilometers can feel like an awfully long way if you are new to that distance! So we offer structured training sessions to prepare you for the big day.
“Running with others motivates you to push that bit harder than if you train on your own, and training under direction of a run leader, the sessions are more structured towards improving your running.
“But don’t worry - sessions are fun and friendly, and suit a range of fitness levels and are very social.”
You may also want to watch:
Sessions cost £5 per person, with £2 of that going towards the YMCA’s work with vulnerable people at their hostel.
Runners should meet at the YMCA Fitness Centre, on Elmfield Avenue, at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start.
More info at www.ymcanorthlondon.org.uk/training/
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham