Training begins for YMCA Crouch End 10km run
- Credit: Archant
Runners preparing for the YMCA North London’s Crouch End 10km event on Sunday May 21 can now join weekly training sessions every Tuesday evening up until race week.
The sessions, led by runners from London Heathside Athletics Club, are geared towards new and improving runners with sessions focused on building up running fitness, distance and intensity culminating on race day.
Nilesh Goswami, Heathside’s Crouch End 10km session co-ordinator, said: “Ten kilometers can feel like an awfully long way if you are new to that distance! So we offer structured training sessions to prepare you for the big day.
“Running with others motivates you to push that bit harder than if you train on your own, and training under direction of a run leader, the sessions are more structured towards improving your running.
“But don’t worry - sessions are fun and friendly, and suit a range of fitness levels and are very social.”
You may also want to watch:
Sessions cost £5 per person, with £2 of that going towards the YMCA’s work with vulnerable people at their hostel.
Runners should meet at the YMCA Fitness Centre, on Elmfield Avenue, at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start.
More info at www.ymcanorthlondon.org.uk/training/
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council