Training begins for YMCA Crouch End 10km run
- Credit: Archant
Runners preparing for the YMCA North London’s Crouch End 10km event on Sunday May 21 can now join weekly training sessions every Tuesday evening up until race week.
The sessions, led by runners from London Heathside Athletics Club, are geared towards new and improving runners with sessions focused on building up running fitness, distance and intensity culminating on race day.
Nilesh Goswami, Heathside’s Crouch End 10km session co-ordinator, said: “Ten kilometers can feel like an awfully long way if you are new to that distance! So we offer structured training sessions to prepare you for the big day.
“Running with others motivates you to push that bit harder than if you train on your own, and training under direction of a run leader, the sessions are more structured towards improving your running.
“But don’t worry - sessions are fun and friendly, and suit a range of fitness levels and are very social.”
You may also want to watch:
Sessions cost £5 per person, with £2 of that going towards the YMCA’s work with vulnerable people at their hostel.
Runners should meet at the YMCA Fitness Centre, on Elmfield Avenue, at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start.
More info at www.ymcanorthlondon.org.uk/training/
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points