Road and rail delays to avoid in the last week before Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Are you travelling around north London this weekend and during next week?
Take a look at our round-up of planned rail disruptions and major roadworks across Brent, Kilburn, Hampstead, Highgate, Camden Town and surrounding areas.
Here are some possible delays to avoid during the pre-Christmas rush - starting tomorrow, December 18, right through to Christmas Eve.
Planned strike action could severely disrupt five Underground lines – as well as Central and Victoria line Night Tube services – this weekend.
TfL is warning that if the walkout goes ahead, there could be “little or no service” in places along the Central, Jubilee, Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria lines for 24 hours from 4am tomorrow (Saturday).
Buses through central London and other tube likes are likely to be much busier as a result.
Visit https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/tube-strike for the latest information.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 7 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
- 8 Pond Street potholes causing 'mini earthquake' and 'damage to homes'
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 How mental health services are changing in north London
Next week, there will be no westbound Overground service from Camden Road to Willesden Junction after 11.45pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday only.
Trains at 11.59pm and 12.15am from Stratford will terminate at Camden Road.
People are advised to use London Buses connections.
In Wembley, avoid High Road if possible as a lane remains closed due to ongoing works.
In Willesden, a lane will also be closed in Dudden Hill Lane, between Villiers Road and High Road, until around Christmas Eve.
Delays are likely along Shoot Up Hill near to The Mulberry House School for much of the week.
Council works have begun in Fitzjohn's Avenue, which will be subject to a closure until late January.
The north section of West End Lane in West Hampstead has multi-way signals in place, with Thames Water work scheduled to be finished on Sunday.
But other works further south on the same road will continue until Tuesday.
Emergency works are being done by Cadent in High Gate Road, by Hampstead Heath. Delays are like in the area until Christmas Eve (Thursday).
Kentish Town Road at Princes of Wales Road is best avoided if possible, too.