Town hall trustees should make way for a new breed
Your report about secretive trustees at Hampstead Town Hall is spot on ( Secretive town hall trustees are urged to resign, H&H December 6). It is obvious to most of us who use the town hall that the ongoing problems there are indeed at trustee level. Th
Your report about secretive trustees at Hampstead Town Hall is spot on ('Secretive' town hall trustees are urged to resign, H&H December 6).
It is obvious to most of us who use the town hall that the ongoing problems there are indeed at trustee level. The staff have been so helpful to me, just this week for instance.
The Friends are not ''one particular group'' as described by trustee chairwoman Janet Wallace. They were nominated by the lottery boards as the representatives of the local community and as partners in the project.
The fact that the Interchange Chair still refuses to acknowledge this speaks for itself.
You may also want to watch:
She claims that the accounts are on the website. If they are, they are kept well hidden; I couldn't find them.
There are still no events advertised either. Even if Interchange cannot afford to print their annual report, they could certainly put it on their website.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
The sooner the longstanding trustees make way for new people who have a better understanding of how to run such an organisation, the better it will be for the whole organisation and for the community .
downshire Hill, NW3