Town Green status would help protect Talacre Gardens
Your item (Join fight for gardens, H&H November 6) is a call to duty to all local residents and other park users who enjoy the amenities at Talacre gardens. It was not enough for the 169 members of the Friends of Talacre Gardens to have put in an applicat
Your item (Join fight for gardens, H&H November 6) is a call to duty to all local residents and other park users who enjoy the amenities at Talacre gardens.
It was not enough for the 169 members of the Friends of Talacre Gardens to have put in an application to register the park as a town green. This application was turned down by Camden.
Unless those who care about this park make an effort to contact Camden to order a consultation form and vote for town green status, then the gardens may be lost. It could so easily end up becoming a private playground for developers. Indeed campaigners have discovered through the Freedom of Information Act, a secret document dated September 30 which allows the Dalby Street developers to run a truck route through the gardens. This would slice the park in two and destroy its amenities.
Having rejected the protection of a town green for Talacre gardens, Camden now appears to offer an olive branch. But beware. The consultation paper is long and definitely designed to put people off the idea of a town green. I would urge those who are concerned, however, to persevere. Every person who responds can make a real difference.
You may also want to watch:
Call Camden at 020-7974 2704 or email: email@example.com and order a questionnaire. The consultation ends on November 28, so please be quick!
Celine La Freniere
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Letter on shopping for one!
- 10 84 West Heath Road planning decision deferred again by Barnet Council
Talacre Road, NW5