Town Green status would help protect Talacre Gardens
Your item (Join fight for gardens, H&H November 6) is a call to duty to all local residents and other park users who enjoy the amenities at Talacre gardens. It was not enough for the 169 members of the Friends of Talacre Gardens to have put in an applicat
Your item (Join fight for gardens, H&H November 6) is a call to duty to all local residents and other park users who enjoy the amenities at Talacre gardens.
It was not enough for the 169 members of the Friends of Talacre Gardens to have put in an application to register the park as a town green. This application was turned down by Camden.
Unless those who care about this park make an effort to contact Camden to order a consultation form and vote for town green status, then the gardens may be lost. It could so easily end up becoming a private playground for developers. Indeed campaigners have discovered through the Freedom of Information Act, a secret document dated September 30 which allows the Dalby Street developers to run a truck route through the gardens. This would slice the park in two and destroy its amenities.
Having rejected the protection of a town green for Talacre gardens, Camden now appears to offer an olive branch. But beware. The consultation paper is long and definitely designed to put people off the idea of a town green. I would urge those who are concerned, however, to persevere. Every person who responds can make a real difference.
Call Camden at 020-7974 2704 or email: email@example.com and order a questionnaire. The consultation ends on November 28, so please be quick!
Celine La Freniere
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 8 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 9 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 10 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
Talacre Road, NW5