Tough time ahead for Belsize nursery
A BELSIZE Park nursery school is facing tough times after Camden Council last night refused planning permission for its crucial conservatory. Chalcot Montessori School on Chalcot Gardens applied for retrospective permission for a conservatory built two ye
A BELSIZE Park nursery school is facing tough times after Camden Council last night refused planning permission for its crucial conservatory.
Chalcot Montessori School on Chalcot Gardens applied for retrospective permission for a conservatory built two years ago after an investigation was prompted by the new upstairs neighbours who claim it is a blight to the area.
The school has inadvertently become caught up in two neighbours' dispute over the freehold and garden of the property.
Owner of the freehold Hazel Morfey, whose daughter runs the school, said: "It did not go well. We both neighbours had our say but the committee did not discuss it, it just went straight to the vote.
You may also want to watch:
"We are going to appeal now because we want the school to carry on. This was strictly planning but in an appeal they can take more notice of the social considerations - such as the fact that this is a school caring for 24 children.
"I am very disappointed because it would have been nice to have got this nightmare over with. We are just keeping our fingers crossed for the appeal.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end