Tough time ahead for Belsize nursery
A BELSIZE Park nursery school is facing tough times after Camden Council last night refused planning permission for its crucial conservatory. Chalcot Montessori School on Chalcot Gardens applied for retrospective permission for a conservatory built two ye
A BELSIZE Park nursery school is facing tough times after Camden Council last night refused planning permission for its crucial conservatory.
Chalcot Montessori School on Chalcot Gardens applied for retrospective permission for a conservatory built two years ago after an investigation was prompted by the new upstairs neighbours who claim it is a blight to the area.
The school has inadvertently become caught up in two neighbours' dispute over the freehold and garden of the property.
Owner of the freehold Hazel Morfey, whose daughter runs the school, said: "It did not go well. We both neighbours had our say but the committee did not discuss it, it just went straight to the vote.
You may also want to watch:
"We are going to appeal now because we want the school to carry on. This was strictly planning but in an appeal they can take more notice of the social considerations - such as the fact that this is a school caring for 24 children.
"I am very disappointed because it would have been nice to have got this nightmare over with. We are just keeping our fingers crossed for the appeal.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?