Tottenham young stars progress past Man United to reach FA Youth Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Spurs’ Under-18s are through to the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup after beating Manchester United 3-1 at White Hart Lane last night.
Anthony Georgiou struck twice and Ismail Azzaoui maintained his record of scoring in every round as the junior Lilywhites booked a trip to Nottingham Forest in the last eight.
Azzaoui was a threat on the left side in the opening exchanges, crossing for Christian Maghoma, who headed just wide – and Spurs took the lead as Azzaoui’s low corner was flicked on by Anton Walkes and Georgiou volleyed in.
United were level five minutes later though as Marcus Rashford curled a 30-yard free-kick into the bottom corner.
The start of the second half was scrappy but the game came alive again after an hour, and Spurs regained their lead as Josh Onomah broke 50 yards, played a one-two with Georgiou and played in Azzaoui, who chipped the ball over the advancing Dean Henderson.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham wrapped up the game in the 71st minute as Kyle Walker-Peters released Georgiou, whose pace took him into the box, where he showed a cool head to finish.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate