Tottenham young stars progress past Man United to reach FA Youth Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Spurs’ Under-18s are through to the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup after beating Manchester United 3-1 at White Hart Lane last night.
Anthony Georgiou struck twice and Ismail Azzaoui maintained his record of scoring in every round as the junior Lilywhites booked a trip to Nottingham Forest in the last eight.
Azzaoui was a threat on the left side in the opening exchanges, crossing for Christian Maghoma, who headed just wide – and Spurs took the lead as Azzaoui’s low corner was flicked on by Anton Walkes and Georgiou volleyed in.
United were level five minutes later though as Marcus Rashford curled a 30-yard free-kick into the bottom corner.
The start of the second half was scrappy but the game came alive again after an hour, and Spurs regained their lead as Josh Onomah broke 50 yards, played a one-two with Georgiou and played in Azzaoui, who chipped the ball over the advancing Dean Henderson.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham wrapped up the game in the 71st minute as Kyle Walker-Peters released Georgiou, whose pace took him into the box, where he showed a cool head to finish.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up