Tottenham young stars progress past Man United to reach FA Youth Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Spurs’ Under-18s are through to the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup after beating Manchester United 3-1 at White Hart Lane last night.
Anthony Georgiou struck twice and Ismail Azzaoui maintained his record of scoring in every round as the junior Lilywhites booked a trip to Nottingham Forest in the last eight.
Azzaoui was a threat on the left side in the opening exchanges, crossing for Christian Maghoma, who headed just wide – and Spurs took the lead as Azzaoui’s low corner was flicked on by Anton Walkes and Georgiou volleyed in.
United were level five minutes later though as Marcus Rashford curled a 30-yard free-kick into the bottom corner.
The start of the second half was scrappy but the game came alive again after an hour, and Spurs regained their lead as Josh Onomah broke 50 yards, played a one-two with Georgiou and played in Azzaoui, who chipped the ball over the advancing Dean Henderson.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham wrapped up the game in the 71st minute as Kyle Walker-Peters released Georgiou, whose pace took him into the box, where he showed a cool head to finish.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action