Chance to win a festive hamper worth £600 in Crouch End Shelter’s charity raffle
- Credit: Archant
Shelter in Crouch End are hoping to drum up donations by holding a Christmas raffle, where winners could a walk away with a hamper of prizes worth more than £600.
Businesses including A View Opticians, Broadway Fruiterers and Deli and Dunn's Bakery have donated prizes. Items include sunglasses worth £200, a fruit basket and a large festive teddy, Santa Paws. A second hamper worth £150 can also be won.
Shelter helps millions of people a year who struggle with bad housing or homelessness. It offers advice, support and legal services.
Raffle tickets cost £2.50, and those who bought entries at the original price of £5 will get double the chance of winning.
The draw will be made on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
Shop manager Rosie Andrews said: "The generosity of local shop keepers and donors has been overwhelming: the contributions have continued to roll in and they're really welcome. Every penny we raise in the raffle will help towards tackling the scourges of rough sleeping and homelessness which seem to become worse with each Christmas."
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United