Chance to win a festive hamper worth £600 in Crouch End Shelter’s charity raffle
- Credit: Archant
Shelter in Crouch End are hoping to drum up donations by holding a Christmas raffle, where winners could a walk away with a hamper of prizes worth more than £600.
Businesses including A View Opticians, Broadway Fruiterers and Deli and Dunn's Bakery have donated prizes. Items include sunglasses worth £200, a fruit basket and a large festive teddy, Santa Paws. A second hamper worth £150 can also be won.
Shelter helps millions of people a year who struggle with bad housing or homelessness. It offers advice, support and legal services.
Raffle tickets cost £2.50, and those who bought entries at the original price of £5 will get double the chance of winning.
The draw will be made on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
Shop manager Rosie Andrews said: "The generosity of local shop keepers and donors has been overwhelming: the contributions have continued to roll in and they're really welcome. Every penny we raise in the raffle will help towards tackling the scourges of rough sleeping and homelessness which seem to become worse with each Christmas."
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 5 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home