Chance to win a festive hamper worth £600 in Crouch End Shelter’s charity raffle
- Credit: Archant
Shelter in Crouch End are hoping to drum up donations by holding a Christmas raffle, where winners could a walk away with a hamper of prizes worth more than £600.
Businesses including A View Opticians, Broadway Fruiterers and Deli and Dunn's Bakery have donated prizes. Items include sunglasses worth £200, a fruit basket and a large festive teddy, Santa Paws. A second hamper worth £150 can also be won.
Shelter helps millions of people a year who struggle with bad housing or homelessness. It offers advice, support and legal services.
Raffle tickets cost £2.50, and those who bought entries at the original price of £5 will get double the chance of winning.
The draw will be made on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
Shop manager Rosie Andrews said: "The generosity of local shop keepers and donors has been overwhelming: the contributions have continued to roll in and they're really welcome. Every penny we raise in the raffle will help towards tackling the scourges of rough sleeping and homelessness which seem to become worse with each Christmas."
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 9 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 10 Top producer gives hit making masterclass