Spurs players bring Christmas cheer to Whittington Hospital children’s ward
- Credit: Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
Tottenham Hotspur players brought some Christmas cheer to young patients at the Whittington Hospital children’s ward on their annual visit.
Midfielder Mousa Dembele, forward Christian Eriksen, goalie Hugo Lloris and Spurs Ladies captain Jenna Schillaci met youngsters and delivered presents to the hospital in Magdala Avenue yesterday.
Eriksen said: “It’s great to see smiles on the children’s faces, support them and give them happiness. It’s special to be here as I’m going to be a dad myself.
“We know how much we can give back and how it makes a big difference for the kids and parents,” he added.
Jonathan Clark, father of Ellis Clark on the ward with pneumonia said: “Having the players visit, I know Ellis really appreciated it.”
You may also want to watch:
Whittington nurse Carly Odell, Mother of Freddie, said: “Freddie is a massive Spurs fan. He was so excited to meet Hugo.
Freddie added: “It’s great to meet the players. I’m a keeper as well so it was really exciting to meet Hugo. It was my first time meeting him.”
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill