Spurs players bring Christmas cheer to Whittington Hospital children’s ward
- Credit: Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
Tottenham Hotspur players brought some Christmas cheer to young patients at the Whittington Hospital children’s ward on their annual visit.
Midfielder Mousa Dembele, forward Christian Eriksen, goalie Hugo Lloris and Spurs Ladies captain Jenna Schillaci met youngsters and delivered presents to the hospital in Magdala Avenue yesterday.
Eriksen said: “It’s great to see smiles on the children’s faces, support them and give them happiness. It’s special to be here as I’m going to be a dad myself.
“We know how much we can give back and how it makes a big difference for the kids and parents,” he added.
Jonathan Clark, father of Ellis Clark on the ward with pneumonia said: “Having the players visit, I know Ellis really appreciated it.”
You may also want to watch:
Whittington nurse Carly Odell, Mother of Freddie, said: “Freddie is a massive Spurs fan. He was so excited to meet Hugo.
Freddie added: “It’s great to meet the players. I’m a keeper as well so it was really exciting to meet Hugo. It was my first time meeting him.”
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 6 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 9 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 10 Keir Starmer: 'Something about faith becomes more important to people'