Spurs players bring Christmas cheer to Whittington Hospital children’s ward
- Credit: Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
Tottenham Hotspur players brought some Christmas cheer to young patients at the Whittington Hospital children’s ward on their annual visit.
Midfielder Mousa Dembele, forward Christian Eriksen, goalie Hugo Lloris and Spurs Ladies captain Jenna Schillaci met youngsters and delivered presents to the hospital in Magdala Avenue yesterday.
Eriksen said: “It’s great to see smiles on the children’s faces, support them and give them happiness. It’s special to be here as I’m going to be a dad myself.
“We know how much we can give back and how it makes a big difference for the kids and parents,” he added.
Jonathan Clark, father of Ellis Clark on the ward with pneumonia said: “Having the players visit, I know Ellis really appreciated it.”
You may also want to watch:
Whittington nurse Carly Odell, Mother of Freddie, said: “Freddie is a massive Spurs fan. He was so excited to meet Hugo.
Freddie added: “It’s great to meet the players. I’m a keeper as well so it was really exciting to meet Hugo. It was my first time meeting him.”
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 10 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine