Spurs players bring Christmas cheer to Whittington Hospital children’s ward
- Credit: Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
Tottenham Hotspur players brought some Christmas cheer to young patients at the Whittington Hospital children’s ward on their annual visit.
Midfielder Mousa Dembele, forward Christian Eriksen, goalie Hugo Lloris and Spurs Ladies captain Jenna Schillaci met youngsters and delivered presents to the hospital in Magdala Avenue yesterday.
Eriksen said: “It’s great to see smiles on the children’s faces, support them and give them happiness. It’s special to be here as I’m going to be a dad myself.
“We know how much we can give back and how it makes a big difference for the kids and parents,” he added.
Jonathan Clark, father of Ellis Clark on the ward with pneumonia said: “Having the players visit, I know Ellis really appreciated it.”
You may also want to watch:
Whittington nurse Carly Odell, Mother of Freddie, said: “Freddie is a massive Spurs fan. He was so excited to meet Hugo.
Freddie added: “It’s great to meet the players. I’m a keeper as well so it was really exciting to meet Hugo. It was my first time meeting him.”
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group