Spurs players bring Christmas cheer to Whittington Hospital children’s ward
- Credit: Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
Tottenham Hotspur players brought some Christmas cheer to young patients at the Whittington Hospital children’s ward on their annual visit.
Midfielder Mousa Dembele, forward Christian Eriksen, goalie Hugo Lloris and Spurs Ladies captain Jenna Schillaci met youngsters and delivered presents to the hospital in Magdala Avenue yesterday.
Eriksen said: “It’s great to see smiles on the children’s faces, support them and give them happiness. It’s special to be here as I’m going to be a dad myself.
“We know how much we can give back and how it makes a big difference for the kids and parents,” he added.
Jonathan Clark, father of Ellis Clark on the ward with pneumonia said: “Having the players visit, I know Ellis really appreciated it.”
You may also want to watch:
Whittington nurse Carly Odell, Mother of Freddie, said: “Freddie is a massive Spurs fan. He was so excited to meet Hugo.
Freddie added: “It’s great to meet the players. I’m a keeper as well so it was really exciting to meet Hugo. It was my first time meeting him.”
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute