Tottenham confirm Paulinho’s departure to Chinese champions Guangzhou Evergrande
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Tottenham have confirmed that Paulinho has departed to be reunited with his former international manager Luiz Felipe Scolari, joining Chinese champions Guangzhou Evergrande.
The Brazilian midfielder, who was briefly Spurs’ record signing after arriving from Corinthians for £17million two years ago, has failed to make an impact at White Hart Lane and has been sold for just under £10million.
After two hugely disappointing seasons in England, the £10m that Spurs have recouped for Paulinho represents good business, paying off the sums spent on Austrian centre-back Kevin Wimmer (£4.3m) and Burnley right-back Kieran Trippier (£3.5m) with £2m to spare.
Meanwhile, Nacer Chadli believes he will have even more to offer Spurs next season.
The Belgium international, who scored 13 goals in all competitions last term, said: “I had some good games last year and it was a positive season for me, but I can still improve a lot and I know that.
You may also want to watch:
“I try to work every day on that and next season I think you’ll see a better Nacer Chadli. I can improve in many ways. I think I can score more goals, make more assists and play better games.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement