Tory Simon Marcus keeps quiet as other Hampstead and Kilburn candidates give their New Year resolutions
- Credit: submitted
With a new member of Parliament set to be installed in 2015 as representative of Hampstead and Kilburn in place of outgoing Labour MP Glenda Jackson, this new year will be a big one for the three budding young politicians vying to replace her.
So there can be no better way to kick off Heathman’s Diary in 2014 than with New Year’s resolutions from our three parliamentary candidates (well, two of them).
For Ms Jackson’s would-be successor in the Labour Party the new year goal is perhaps a little ambitious, but she does have 12 months to achieve it.
Answering Heathman’s query about her new year’s resolution, Cllr Tulip Siddiq said: “Talk with every single person in Hampstead and Kilburn (even the Tories!).”
For her Liberal Democrat opponent Maajid Nawaz, the answer was two-fold and a little more realistic. He said: “Number one: kick off a strong campaign in the Hampstead and Kilburn constituency, drawing attention to youth vulnerability, disengagement and promoting key solutions. Number two: get married to my fiancée.”
You may also want to watch:
And last but not least, a new year’s resolution from Hampstead and Kilburn’s Conservative parliamentary candidate, Hampstead Town councillor Simon Marcus?
Unfortunately, Heathman was unable to prise Cllr Marcus from his seasonal retreat and received an e-mail response from the Tory candidate explaining very politely that he was on holiday and would be unable to offer a resolution in time for this week’s diary.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 5 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 8 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
I guess we’ll never know...