Tory Simon Marcus keeps quiet as other Hampstead and Kilburn candidates give their New Year resolutions
- Credit: submitted
With a new member of Parliament set to be installed in 2015 as representative of Hampstead and Kilburn in place of outgoing Labour MP Glenda Jackson, this new year will be a big one for the three budding young politicians vying to replace her.
So there can be no better way to kick off Heathman’s Diary in 2014 than with New Year’s resolutions from our three parliamentary candidates (well, two of them).
For Ms Jackson’s would-be successor in the Labour Party the new year goal is perhaps a little ambitious, but she does have 12 months to achieve it.
Answering Heathman’s query about her new year’s resolution, Cllr Tulip Siddiq said: “Talk with every single person in Hampstead and Kilburn (even the Tories!).”
For her Liberal Democrat opponent Maajid Nawaz, the answer was two-fold and a little more realistic. He said: “Number one: kick off a strong campaign in the Hampstead and Kilburn constituency, drawing attention to youth vulnerability, disengagement and promoting key solutions. Number two: get married to my fiancée.”
You may also want to watch:
And last but not least, a new year’s resolution from Hampstead and Kilburn’s Conservative parliamentary candidate, Hampstead Town councillor Simon Marcus?
Unfortunately, Heathman was unable to prise Cllr Marcus from his seasonal retreat and received an e-mail response from the Tory candidate explaining very politely that he was on holiday and would be unable to offer a resolution in time for this week’s diary.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
I guess we’ll never know...