Tony Zreik, the hair stylist with an artistic touch
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever looked in the mirror and considered your hair to be a work of art?
In the eyes of Tony Zreik, every head of hair is a canvas deserving of an artist’s touch.
At his salon in Finchley Road, just a stone’s throw from Finchley Road and Frognal station, Mr Zreik has been handcrafting designs upon scalps since 2003 and has attracted a loyal customer base in and around Hampstead.
The 46-year-old has been creating art since he was 10 and opened his own studio in Acton last year. But even his salon could be mistaken for a high-end gallery – its walls are adorned with Mr Zreik’s own colourful paintings and designs.
In the corner of the salon is a 19th century US barber’s chair shipped in from Chicago which enhances the debonair vibe.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Zreik, who moved to the UK from Lebanon in 1990, has three female stylists working for him, each of them having to pass through a strict training process overseen personally by the boss, to ensure that they live up to the Zreik brand of hairdressing.
For those who pay for a haircut from the man himself – starting from £34 for women and £16 for men – the experience is a personal one.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 9 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
He is passionate about the “symmetry” which can be created with scissors alone and is reluctant to use clippers on any head, although they are available if a closer shave is required.
Sitting his clients in front of mirrors encased inside ornate picture frames, Mr Zreik creates a sense of artistry with every haircut.
The marriage of hairdressing and art is an intriguing concept and one he carries off with style and authenticity.
For more about the salon, visit www.tonyzreik.co.uk. Tony Zreik’s art studio is at www.trzgallery.com.