Tony Zreik, the hair stylist with an artistic touch
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever looked in the mirror and considered your hair to be a work of art?
In the eyes of Tony Zreik, every head of hair is a canvas deserving of an artist’s touch.
At his salon in Finchley Road, just a stone’s throw from Finchley Road and Frognal station, Mr Zreik has been handcrafting designs upon scalps since 2003 and has attracted a loyal customer base in and around Hampstead.
The 46-year-old has been creating art since he was 10 and opened his own studio in Acton last year. But even his salon could be mistaken for a high-end gallery – its walls are adorned with Mr Zreik’s own colourful paintings and designs.
In the corner of the salon is a 19th century US barber’s chair shipped in from Chicago which enhances the debonair vibe.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Zreik, who moved to the UK from Lebanon in 1990, has three female stylists working for him, each of them having to pass through a strict training process overseen personally by the boss, to ensure that they live up to the Zreik brand of hairdressing.
For those who pay for a haircut from the man himself – starting from £34 for women and £16 for men – the experience is a personal one.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
He is passionate about the “symmetry” which can be created with scissors alone and is reluctant to use clippers on any head, although they are available if a closer shave is required.
Sitting his clients in front of mirrors encased inside ornate picture frames, Mr Zreik creates a sense of artistry with every haircut.
The marriage of hairdressing and art is an intriguing concept and one he carries off with style and authenticity.
For more about the salon, visit www.tonyzreik.co.uk. Tony Zreik’s art studio is at www.trzgallery.com.