TONY WOODCOCK: Arsenal must end their goal drought
Arsenal in goal drought shock. It s a headline nobody could have imagined possible under Arsene Wenger and his free-scoring revolution. But with no goals in 270 minutes in the Premier League, Arsenal s sudden lack of firepower – coupled with alarming prof
Arsenal in goal drought shock. It's a headline nobody could have imagined possible under Arsene Wenger and his free-scoring revolution.
But with no goals in 270 minutes in the Premier League, Arsenal's sudden lack of firepower - coupled with alarming profligacy in front of goal - is becoming an increasing worry for the Gunners boss.
Highbury goals-coring hero Tony Woodcock has seen it all before in far more austere times. Arsenal, he says, need to be more direct to get off the mark again.
Read his frank interview in full with Jem Maidment in this week's Ham&High, out now.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue