TONY WOODCOCK: Arsenal must end their goal drought
Arsenal in goal drought shock. It s a headline nobody could have imagined possible under Arsene Wenger and his free-scoring revolution. But with no goals in 270 minutes in the Premier League, Arsenal s sudden lack of firepower – coupled with alarming prof
Arsenal in goal drought shock. It's a headline nobody could have imagined possible under Arsene Wenger and his free-scoring revolution.
But with no goals in 270 minutes in the Premier League, Arsenal's sudden lack of firepower - coupled with alarming profligacy in front of goal - is becoming an increasing worry for the Gunners boss.
Highbury goals-coring hero Tony Woodcock has seen it all before in far more austere times. Arsenal, he says, need to be more direct to get off the mark again.
Read his frank interview in full with Jem Maidment in this week's Ham&High, out now.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office