TONY WOODCOCK: Arsenal must end their goal drought
Arsenal in goal drought shock. It s a headline nobody could have imagined possible under Arsene Wenger and his free-scoring revolution. But with no goals in 270 minutes in the Premier League, Arsenal s sudden lack of firepower – coupled with alarming prof
Arsenal in goal drought shock. It's a headline nobody could have imagined possible under Arsene Wenger and his free-scoring revolution.
But with no goals in 270 minutes in the Premier League, Arsenal's sudden lack of firepower - coupled with alarming profligacy in front of goal - is becoming an increasing worry for the Gunners boss.
Highbury goals-coring hero Tony Woodcock has seen it all before in far more austere times. Arsenal, he says, need to be more direct to get off the mark again.
Read his frank interview in full with Jem Maidment in this week's Ham&High, out now.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke