Time to stamp on diseases that plague our hospitals
So here we are again the vomiting disease – has it not occurred to anybody involved in the matter of hygiene in hospitals, that the vast majority of germs carried into the wards is via footwear? Visiting the Royal Free Hospital recently I was angered by
So here we are again the vomiting disease - has it not occurred to anybody involved in the matter of hygiene in hospitals, that the vast majority of germs carried into the wards is via footwear?
Visiting the Royal Free Hospital recently I was angered by the filth immediately outside the doors of this huge hospital. Chewing gum, cigarette ends and spit, all contributing to whatever vile diseases may be unleashed on our patients.
It is all very well demanding that patients and professionals alike wash their hands regularly, but to allow the filth from the streets to be trodden through the main parts of these hospitals into the wards, lavatories, A&E and offices, carrying with them viruses that are attributed towards MRSA, C.Difficile, and the flesh-eating diseases, is absolutely unacceptable. Has it not occurred to anyone that as well as washing hands, shoes should be covered or at least marched through a sheep dip?
You'd be amazed at the reduction of the spread of contagious diseases in the institutions that are there for healing, not killing. Wake up everybody!
You may also want to watch:
J VH Morris
Steele's Road, NW3
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran