Ticket office victory at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats. They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats.
They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park stations will now be saved from cuts.
Liberal Democrats have welcomed the announcement but are disappointed that ticket office closures at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes Park stations will still go ahead.
Lynne Featherstone MP comments: "It is great news that Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park station ticket offices will be saved from closure.
You may also want to watch:
"But we will not stop there. The same safety and customer service concerns remain at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes park station. We will continue to push for local residents and passengers to get the services that they need and deserve."
Cllr Martin Newton, Liberal Democrat Transport spokesperson, adds:
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Blind swimmer behind legal challenge fights 'exclusion' of disabled
"We would like to thank all local residents who supported our campaign. This will really make a difference for those local people who use train services from Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace stations."