Ticket office victory at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats. They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats.
They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park stations will now be saved from cuts.
Liberal Democrats have welcomed the announcement but are disappointed that ticket office closures at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes Park stations will still go ahead.
Lynne Featherstone MP comments: "It is great news that Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park station ticket offices will be saved from closure.
"But we will not stop there. The same safety and customer service concerns remain at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes park station. We will continue to push for local residents and passengers to get the services that they need and deserve."
Cllr Martin Newton, Liberal Democrat Transport spokesperson, adds:
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 9 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 10 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
"We would like to thank all local residents who supported our campaign. This will really make a difference for those local people who use train services from Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace stations."