Ticket office victory at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats. They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats.
They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park stations will now be saved from cuts.
Liberal Democrats have welcomed the announcement but are disappointed that ticket office closures at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes Park stations will still go ahead.
Lynne Featherstone MP comments: "It is great news that Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park station ticket offices will be saved from closure.
"But we will not stop there. The same safety and customer service concerns remain at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes park station. We will continue to push for local residents and passengers to get the services that they need and deserve."
Cllr Martin Newton, Liberal Democrat Transport spokesperson, adds:
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 3 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 4 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 5 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 7 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 8 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
"We would like to thank all local residents who supported our campaign. This will really make a difference for those local people who use train services from Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace stations."