Ticket office victory at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats. They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats.
They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park stations will now be saved from cuts.
Liberal Democrats have welcomed the announcement but are disappointed that ticket office closures at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes Park stations will still go ahead.
Lynne Featherstone MP comments: "It is great news that Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park station ticket offices will be saved from closure.
You may also want to watch:
"But we will not stop there. The same safety and customer service concerns remain at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes park station. We will continue to push for local residents and passengers to get the services that they need and deserve."
Cllr Martin Newton, Liberal Democrat Transport spokesperson, adds:
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
"We would like to thank all local residents who supported our campaign. This will really make a difference for those local people who use train services from Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace stations."