Ticket office victory at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats. They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury
Ticket offices at two local train stations in Haringey look set to remain open, claim the Liberal Democrats.
They say that in response to their campaign First Capital Connect have announced that threatened ticket offices at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park stations will now be saved from cuts.
Liberal Democrats have welcomed the announcement but are disappointed that ticket office closures at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes Park stations will still go ahead.
Lynne Featherstone MP comments: "It is great news that Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park station ticket offices will be saved from closure.
You may also want to watch:
"But we will not stop there. The same safety and customer service concerns remain at Harringay, Hornsey and Bowes park station. We will continue to push for local residents and passengers to get the services that they need and deserve."
Cllr Martin Newton, Liberal Democrat Transport spokesperson, adds:
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
"We would like to thank all local residents who supported our campaign. This will really make a difference for those local people who use train services from Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace stations."