Thugs vandalise memorial to murdered Muswell Hill police officer PC Blakelock
THUGS have cruelly vandalised the memorial to murdered Muswell Hill beat officer PC Keith Blakelock. White paint was thrown all over the marble memorial and a nearby poppy reef laid in remembrance to PC Keith Blakelock, who was hacked to death 25 years ag
THUGS have cruelly vandalised the memorial to murdered Muswell Hill beat officer PC Keith Blakelock.
White paint was thrown all over the marble memorial and a nearby poppy reef laid in remembrance to PC Keith Blakelock, who was hacked to death 25 years ago during the Broadwater Farm Riots in Tottenham.
A resident who lives near the memorial discovered the vandalism at around 9am this morning.
Police have been notified and several concerned parties have already begun cleaning up the memorial - where a special memorial service is held each year on October 6.
You may also want to watch:
The resident, who does not wish to be named, said he has previously had to clear beer bottles and debris away from the memorial, but this was the worst case of vandalism he had seen at the site.
"I just think it's pretty disgraceful really," he said.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
On Friday May 28, two men - aged 52 and 46 and originally from Tottenham - were arrested at separate north London addresses on suspicion of PC Blakelock's murder.
They have been released on bail until September.
A 40-year-old man originally from Tottenham was arrested in February and answered bail in May - he will now report back in August after being bailed again.
Anyone with information on the murder of PC Blakelock is still being asked to contact a special incident room set up by police on 020 8733 4613.
For more, see next week's Ham&High Broadway