Thugs vandalise memorial to murdered Muswell Hill police officer PC Blakelock
THUGS have cruelly vandalised the memorial to murdered Muswell Hill beat officer PC Keith Blakelock. White paint was thrown all over the marble memorial and a nearby poppy reef laid in remembrance to PC Keith Blakelock, who was hacked to death 25 years ag
THUGS have cruelly vandalised the memorial to murdered Muswell Hill beat officer PC Keith Blakelock.
White paint was thrown all over the marble memorial and a nearby poppy reef laid in remembrance to PC Keith Blakelock, who was hacked to death 25 years ago during the Broadwater Farm Riots in Tottenham.
A resident who lives near the memorial discovered the vandalism at around 9am this morning.
Police have been notified and several concerned parties have already begun cleaning up the memorial - where a special memorial service is held each year on October 6.
You may also want to watch:
The resident, who does not wish to be named, said he has previously had to clear beer bottles and debris away from the memorial, but this was the worst case of vandalism he had seen at the site.
"I just think it's pretty disgraceful really," he said.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 9 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
On Friday May 28, two men - aged 52 and 46 and originally from Tottenham - were arrested at separate north London addresses on suspicion of PC Blakelock's murder.
They have been released on bail until September.
A 40-year-old man originally from Tottenham was arrested in February and answered bail in May - he will now report back in August after being bailed again.
Anyone with information on the murder of PC Blakelock is still being asked to contact a special incident room set up by police on 020 8733 4613.
For more, see next week's Ham&High Broadway