Football’s coming home: Belsize tube station joins chorus backing Gareth Southgate’s men
- Credit: Jacob Glew
Unless you’ve spent the last three weeks under a rock, you will have noticed that England are doing well at the World Cup.
With Panama, Tunisia, Colombia and Sweden already vanquished, it’s not uncommon to go around with David Baddiel, Frank Skinner and the Lightening Seeds’ 1996 song Three Lions stuck in your head.
However the team at Belsize Park tube station have joined in the fun, by playing the lyrics on the platforms’ announcement boards.
The message, playing today, before England’s crucial semi-final tomorrow against Croatia reads: “It’s coming home, it’s coming home, it’s coming, football’s coming home. Good luck England from team Belsize. We are your 4th lion behind you...”
It’s unknown as to whether this is being repeated elsewhere on the London Underground network.
A spokesman for Transport for London (TfL) said: “Belsize Park Station staff are right behind the England team and showing the lyrics to Three Lions on the travel screen is just one way to demonstrate our support. It has put a smile on customers’ faces and reminds us all that football is coming home.”
- 1 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 2 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 3 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 4 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 5 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 6 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 7 Hundreds march against male violence in Haringey
- 8 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 9 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland