Football’s coming home: Belsize tube station joins chorus backing Gareth Southgate’s men
- Credit: Jacob Glew
Unless you’ve spent the last three weeks under a rock, you will have noticed that England are doing well at the World Cup.
With Panama, Tunisia, Colombia and Sweden already vanquished, it’s not uncommon to go around with David Baddiel, Frank Skinner and the Lightening Seeds’ 1996 song Three Lions stuck in your head.
However the team at Belsize Park tube station have joined in the fun, by playing the lyrics on the platforms’ announcement boards.
The message, playing today, before England’s crucial semi-final tomorrow against Croatia reads: “It’s coming home, it’s coming home, it’s coming, football’s coming home. Good luck England from team Belsize. We are your 4th lion behind you...”
It’s unknown as to whether this is being repeated elsewhere on the London Underground network.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Transport for London (TfL) said: “Belsize Park Station staff are right behind the England team and showing the lyrics to Three Lions on the travel screen is just one way to demonstrate our support. It has put a smile on customers’ faces and reminds us all that football is coming home.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up