Football’s coming home: Belsize tube station joins chorus backing Gareth Southgate’s men
- Credit: Jacob Glew
Unless you’ve spent the last three weeks under a rock, you will have noticed that England are doing well at the World Cup.
With Panama, Tunisia, Colombia and Sweden already vanquished, it’s not uncommon to go around with David Baddiel, Frank Skinner and the Lightening Seeds’ 1996 song Three Lions stuck in your head.
However the team at Belsize Park tube station have joined in the fun, by playing the lyrics on the platforms’ announcement boards.
The message, playing today, before England’s crucial semi-final tomorrow against Croatia reads: “It’s coming home, it’s coming home, it’s coming, football’s coming home. Good luck England from team Belsize. We are your 4th lion behind you...”
It’s unknown as to whether this is being repeated elsewhere on the London Underground network.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Transport for London (TfL) said: “Belsize Park Station staff are right behind the England team and showing the lyrics to Three Lions on the travel screen is just one way to demonstrate our support. It has put a smile on customers’ faces and reminds us all that football is coming home.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction