Three Lions fight for England
NORTH London Tae Kwon-Do instructor David Bogen and two of his young protegees have recently returned from representing England at the European Taekwon-Do Championship in Estonia.
Bogen, who is an experienced competitor both nationally and internationally, won silver in the individual 5th Dan category, and also collected a bronze medal in the team Special Technique event, which involved delivering flying kicks to targets up to three metres high.
Meanwhile, 12-year-olds Sulaimaan Lim and Callum Young, who are both 1st Dan Black Belts, were taking part in their first international tournament.
They were competing among 1,000 competitors from 30 European nation and, having battled against tough opponents in their individual sparring and patterns divisions, the pair only narrowly missed out on medal positions.
However, Young has since won bronze in the sparring event and bronze in the Special Technique at the English Open in Guildford.
You may also want to watch:
He and Lim both train at Bogen’s established Tae Kwon-Do clubs, which are based across north London in Highgate, Finchley, Hampstead and Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre.
Beginners are welcome to join the classes, which cater for all ages. Call 07949 612 706 or visit www.taekwondo-uktd.co.uk
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 7 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate