Three dogs die after eating poison in Muswell Hill woods
Three dogs have reportedly died after eating poison in Coldfall Wood in Muswell Hill
The pets were all said to have fallen ill after being walked in Coldfall Wood this week.
They are believed to have eaten the poison, possibly left out for foxes, near allotments and also near the cemetery.
Dogwalker Derek Chambers put up a warning on facebook group Muswell Hill and Friends.
He said: “Just a quick note please be careful in Coldfall Woods two dogs died yesterday due to poison that was read (sic) out down for foxes.”
You may also want to watch:
Another said: “For anybody who walks their dog in Coldfall Wood, an urgent message from a local dog walker. I have just heard via another dog walker that the owner of dogs she walks who live next to coldfall rang her to say that two dogs have eaten poison in Coldfall and died. The poison was put out for foxes by the allotment owners. Please pass the word on to any dog owners.”
Later posts said that three dogs had died.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
Tara Megson posted: “I’m sure (leaving poison) it’s illegal on public property. The police should step in....make the people who are doing this know they aren’t part of our neighbourhood. That they ruining it for all the dog lovers.”
Police and RSPCA were last night unaware of the incidents.
The RSPCA spokesman said: “We are very sorry to hear about the death of these dogs - which must have been really upsetting for the owners.
“The RSPCA is always deeply concerned to hear about suspected poisonings. Animals, and especially dogs, are often extremely curious and will be drawn to food. Ingesting just the smallest amounts of some substances can lead to kidney failure and death.”
“If anyone suspects that their dog has been poisoned they must take it to a vet immediately. If possible, they should take a sample of what the dog has eaten.”
Anyone with information shoul call RSPCA’s national cruelty line on 0300 1234 999.”
Did your dog fall ill after walking in Coldfall Wood? contact:email@example.com