Thousands enjoy fun and games at the Swiss Cottage Festival
THE annual Swiss Cottage festival was a raving success with more than 3,000 revellers heading to the open space on Saturday to enjoy some fun and games. Offering everything from music, food and table football to free swimming, theatre and author talks, th
THE annual Swiss Cottage festival was a raving success with more than 3,000 revellers heading to the open space on Saturday to enjoy some fun and games.
Offering everything from music, food and table football to free swimming, theatre and author talks, the festival proved popular with residents of all ages from across the borough.
Youngsters enjoyed face painting, hair platting and children's rides while the older generation enjoyed a sewing club and an over 50s show.
Swiss Cottage councillor Don Williams said: "It went very well and was the most successful festival to date. I want to thank all the sponsors whose efforts really paid off.
You may also want to watch:
"We had lots of rides, music, fun and games as well as a whole day of theatre from the Hampstead theatre and free swimming in the leisure centre for everyone. There was also every type of food you can imagine.
"I was run off my feet all day and I could barely walk the next day. We have never had such a big festival and people of all ages came along which was brilliant.
- 1 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 2 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 7 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit