Thousands enjoy fun and games at the Swiss Cottage Festival
THE annual Swiss Cottage festival was a raving success with more than 3,000 revellers heading to the open space on Saturday to enjoy some fun and games. Offering everything from music, food and table football to free swimming, theatre and author talks, th
THE annual Swiss Cottage festival was a raving success with more than 3,000 revellers heading to the open space on Saturday to enjoy some fun and games.
Offering everything from music, food and table football to free swimming, theatre and author talks, the festival proved popular with residents of all ages from across the borough.
Youngsters enjoyed face painting, hair platting and children's rides while the older generation enjoyed a sewing club and an over 50s show.
Swiss Cottage councillor Don Williams said: "It went very well and was the most successful festival to date. I want to thank all the sponsors whose efforts really paid off.
You may also want to watch:
"We had lots of rides, music, fun and games as well as a whole day of theatre from the Hampstead theatre and free swimming in the leisure centre for everyone. There was also every type of food you can imagine.
"I was run off my feet all day and I could barely walk the next day. We have never had such a big festival and people of all ages came along which was brilliant.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours