Thieves try to ‘blow cash machine off wall’ at Highgate Post Office in Archway Road
Thieves attempted to steal a cash point machine from a post office in Highgate in the early hours of this morning.
It is understood they attempted to blow the ATM machine off the wall of Highgate Post Office, in Archway Road, using a gas canister.
There were unconfirmed reports locally of an explosion.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at around 4:20am today to a report of a robbery of a cash point machine at a post office in Archway Road.
“Officers attended but any suspects had gone before police arrival.
You may also want to watch:
“The Flying Squad has been informed and will be investigating.
“Roads around the scene closed whilst enquiries are ongoing.”
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
The area has been cordoned off with police tape.
Kent Aberdeen, a staff member at Morris Roots hairdressers in Archway Road, who arrived at work at 9am, said: “They had blue tape up.
“There were police cars and forensics checking out the scene.”