Thieves snatch cash box in Hampstead bank raid
ROBBERS struck in Hampstead today stealing thousands of pounds from a security van delivering cash to Nat West bank. Two thieves on motorbikes targeted the van on Hampstead High Street at around 11am grabbing the cash box and then speeding off in front of
ROBBERS struck in Hampstead today stealing thousands of pounds from a security van delivering cash to Nat West bank.
Two thieves on motorbikes targeted the van on Hampstead High Street at around 11am grabbing the cash box and then speeding off in front of stunned shoppers.
The scene was cordoned off by police as detectives investigated the crime. Police say no arrests have been made.
On Friday night one shop owner called police after alerted by four men riding around on mopeds on Flask Walk acting suspiciously.
You may also want to watch:
He called in police who are currently reviewing CCTV footage of the incident.
The shop owner who asked not to be named said: "I feel there's a gang on mopeds or maybe more than one coming here from different areas of London.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 7 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
"I don't know if it is connected to the Nat West robbery but I have spoken to the police and they are investigating it. They should be able to get an image from the CCTV footage.