Thieves snatch cash box in Hampstead bank raid
ROBBERS struck in Hampstead today stealing thousands of pounds from a security van delivering cash to Nat West bank. Two thieves on motorbikes targeted the van on Hampstead High Street at around 11am grabbing the cash box and then speeding off in front of
ROBBERS struck in Hampstead today stealing thousands of pounds from a security van delivering cash to Nat West bank.
Two thieves on motorbikes targeted the van on Hampstead High Street at around 11am grabbing the cash box and then speeding off in front of stunned shoppers.
The scene was cordoned off by police as detectives investigated the crime. Police say no arrests have been made.
On Friday night one shop owner called police after alerted by four men riding around on mopeds on Flask Walk acting suspiciously.
You may also want to watch:
He called in police who are currently reviewing CCTV footage of the incident.
The shop owner who asked not to be named said: "I feel there's a gang on mopeds or maybe more than one coming here from different areas of London.
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
"I don't know if it is connected to the Nat West robbery but I have spoken to the police and they are investigating it. They should be able to get an image from the CCTV footage.