Thieves snatch cash box in Hampstead bank raid
ROBBERS struck in Hampstead today stealing thousands of pounds from a security van delivering cash to Nat West bank. Two thieves on motorbikes targeted the van on Hampstead High Street at around 11am grabbing the cash box and then speeding off in front of
ROBBERS struck in Hampstead today stealing thousands of pounds from a security van delivering cash to Nat West bank.
Two thieves on motorbikes targeted the van on Hampstead High Street at around 11am grabbing the cash box and then speeding off in front of stunned shoppers.
The scene was cordoned off by police as detectives investigated the crime. Police say no arrests have been made.
On Friday night one shop owner called police after alerted by four men riding around on mopeds on Flask Walk acting suspiciously.
You may also want to watch:
He called in police who are currently reviewing CCTV footage of the incident.
The shop owner who asked not to be named said: "I feel there's a gang on mopeds or maybe more than one coming here from different areas of London.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
"I don't know if it is connected to the Nat West robbery but I have spoken to the police and they are investigating it. They should be able to get an image from the CCTV footage.