Thieves snatch cash box in Hampstead bank raid
ROBBERS struck in Hampstead today stealing thousands of pounds from a security van delivering cash to Nat West bank. Two thieves on motorbikes targeted the van on Hampstead High Street at around 11am grabbing the cash box and then speeding off in front of
ROBBERS struck in Hampstead today stealing thousands of pounds from a security van delivering cash to Nat West bank.
Two thieves on motorbikes targeted the van on Hampstead High Street at around 11am grabbing the cash box and then speeding off in front of stunned shoppers.
The scene was cordoned off by police as detectives investigated the crime. Police say no arrests have been made.
On Friday night one shop owner called police after alerted by four men riding around on mopeds on Flask Walk acting suspiciously.
You may also want to watch:
He called in police who are currently reviewing CCTV footage of the incident.
The shop owner who asked not to be named said: "I feel there's a gang on mopeds or maybe more than one coming here from different areas of London.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
"I don't know if it is connected to the Nat West robbery but I have spoken to the police and they are investigating it. They should be able to get an image from the CCTV footage.