The unusual things MPs claim for
The Ham&High reporting team visited MPs this week to view their receipts. Among them were some particularly eyebrow-raising findings:
The Ham&High reporting team visited MPs this week to view their receipts. Among them were some particularly eyebrow-raising findings.
Item: Dyson Vacuum cleaner
You may also want to watch:
Item: Paper Folding Machine
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
Explanation: "To fold letters to constituents from my Parliamentary office. I do signing in batches and usually several hundred letters in one go. It is more time efficient for them to be mechanically folded - increasing the time for my office has to deal with other enquiries from constituents."
Item: Walkie Talkie
Explanation: "My office is upstairs in a pub and the pub staff were getting cross about coming upstairs to get us."
Item: House plants
Explanation: "Someone thought it would brighten the office but I suppose they could have bought it themselves."
Item: Diary (annually)
Explanation: "It is just a nice diary."
Evolution Synchotask Chair
Item: Tin of shortbread
Explanation: "The only thing I came across was a receipt for small office equipment which also said a tin of shortbread.
"I thought, 'Oh god we haven't been buying tins of shortbread,' but I looked at the money column and there was nothing paid. It must have been that the company who supplied the office equipment supplied us with a free tin."
Item: Two domed "gents" and "ladies" signs for the office toilets
Cost: �3.95 each
"Volunteers at the constituency office kept getting confused over which one to use."
Olympus Digital Camera
"The taxpayer only pays us for things used in the constituency and the camera is for the office there sometimes it is necessary for planning issues and things like that."
Item: Pack of 10 plastic vending cups