The Star Of India
Get the tasteThe Star of India875-877 High Road, Leytonstone E11 1HR020 8989 4028
Serves 2-4Preparation time 3 hoursCooking time 1 hour
IngredientsFor the apple and mango salad2 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced� a green mango, skinned and sliced1 green chilli, finely chopped with seeds1 bunch of coriander leaves, chopped2 tbsp of lemon juice2 cloves of garlic, finely choppedRape seed and mustard oilSalt to taste
For the chicken jalfreizi2 chicken breast fillets, cubed 3 cloves of garlic, choppedHalf an inch of ginger root, chopped1 fresh lemon, juiced4 whole green chillies, sliced with seeds2 large green peppers, sliced2 red tomatoes, chopped2 onions, finely chopped4 green cardamoms Half an inch of cinnamon stick 20ml of vegetable oil 1 tbsp of mixed curry powder � tsp of red chilli powder 3 bay leaves Fresh coriander Dry methi leaves Salt to taste
MethodFor the apple and mango salad• Mix the ingredients in a bowl and add a drizzle of oil. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
You may also want to watch:
For the chicken jalfreizi• Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions, one tomato, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, cardamoms, cloves and two green chillies. • Add half of the coriander and salt and heat slowly for 10 minutes. • When the mixture is soft, add the chicken and fold in. Once all the chicken has sealed, add about 250ml of cold water. Stir, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. • Add the curry powder, red chilli powder and the methi leaves and blend in. Leave for five minutes.• Add the remaining sliced green peppers and green chillies and simmer for five minutes. Then add the lemon juice, remaining tomato and coriander and blend in. Cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes, then serve.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations