The Russians are coming as Arshavin edges closer to Spurs move
SPURS are poised to move for Andei Arshavin after Zenit St Petersburg lowered their asking price for the player, writes Patrick Mooney. The move could see Arshavin link up with his Russian international strike partner Roman Pavlyuchenko, who is awaiting
SPURS are poised to move for Andei Arshavin after Zenit St Petersburg lowered their asking price for the player, writes Patrick Mooney.
The move could see Arshavin link up with his Russian international strike partner Roman Pavlyuchenko, who is awaiting a work permit before completing £12 million move from Spartak Moscow to the Lane.
It is thought the pair's arrival will pave the way for unsettled striker Dimitar Berbatov to complete his "dream" move to Manchester United.
The Bulgarian, 28, has repeatedly informed Spurs officials of his desire to move to the champions and he was left out of Saturday's defeat to Sunderland because of a "lack of focus".
You may also want to watch:
Despite potentially outlaying as much as £30m for Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko, Tottenham are thought to be close to bringing in two other signings before Monday night's transfer deadline.
The first is Manchester City defender Vedran Corluka, whose move to the Lane was called off at the last minute at the start of the month. The other is Sporting Lisbon's highly-rated Portuguese midfielder Miguel Veloso.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?