The Russians are coming as Arshavin edges closer to Spurs move
SPURS are poised to move for Andei Arshavin after Zenit St Petersburg lowered their asking price for the player, writes Patrick Mooney. The move could see Arshavin link up with his Russian international strike partner Roman Pavlyuchenko, who is awaiting
SPURS are poised to move for Andei Arshavin after Zenit St Petersburg lowered their asking price for the player, writes Patrick Mooney.
The move could see Arshavin link up with his Russian international strike partner Roman Pavlyuchenko, who is awaiting a work permit before completing £12 million move from Spartak Moscow to the Lane.
It is thought the pair's arrival will pave the way for unsettled striker Dimitar Berbatov to complete his "dream" move to Manchester United.
The Bulgarian, 28, has repeatedly informed Spurs officials of his desire to move to the champions and he was left out of Saturday's defeat to Sunderland because of a "lack of focus".
You may also want to watch:
Despite potentially outlaying as much as £30m for Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko, Tottenham are thought to be close to bringing in two other signings before Monday night's transfer deadline.
The first is Manchester City defender Vedran Corluka, whose move to the Lane was called off at the last minute at the start of the month. The other is Sporting Lisbon's highly-rated Portuguese midfielder Miguel Veloso.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate