THE BIG KICK-OFF: Arsenal need to shake off injury jinx
Looking at the current personnel at The Emirates, former manager George Graham, who won the DOUBLE with Arsenal as a player in 1971, expects big seasons for key players who have not featured as often as he would have liked. I want to see players like To
Looking at the current personnel at The Emirates, former manager George Graham, who won the DOUBLE with Arsenal as a player in 1971, expects big seasons for key players who have not featured as often as he would have liked.
"I want to see players like Tomas Rosicky and Robin van Persie fit for long periods, in the first team and contributing how we all know they can - Robin in particular," he said. "Those guys have simply not been in the team enough - their injury records are poor.
"It has been unsatisfactory, but let's hope that they can steer clear of injuries - because they do seem prone to picking up injuries far too often - and do well for the team.
"They are very talented players and Arsene has missed them in his squad. Last season they could even have been the difference between winning trophies or not.
You may also want to watch:
"With all these great players and all this great football, sometimes teams have to dig in and win when they are not playing well - Arsenal need to do that too.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead