THE BIG KICK-OFF: Arsenal need to shake off injury jinx
Looking at the current personnel at The Emirates, former manager George Graham, who won the DOUBLE with Arsenal as a player in 1971, expects big seasons for key players who have not featured as often as he would have liked. I want to see players like To
Looking at the current personnel at The Emirates, former manager George Graham, who won the DOUBLE with Arsenal as a player in 1971, expects big seasons for key players who have not featured as often as he would have liked.
"I want to see players like Tomas Rosicky and Robin van Persie fit for long periods, in the first team and contributing how we all know they can - Robin in particular," he said. "Those guys have simply not been in the team enough - their injury records are poor.
"It has been unsatisfactory, but let's hope that they can steer clear of injuries - because they do seem prone to picking up injuries far too often - and do well for the team.
"They are very talented players and Arsene has missed them in his squad. Last season they could even have been the difference between winning trophies or not.
You may also want to watch:
"With all these great players and all this great football, sometimes teams have to dig in and win when they are not playing well - Arsenal need to do that too.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead