THE BIG KICK-OFF: Arsenal need to shake off injury jinx
Looking at the current personnel at The Emirates, former manager George Graham, who won the DOUBLE with Arsenal as a player in 1971, expects big seasons for key players who have not featured as often as he would have liked. I want to see players like To
Looking at the current personnel at The Emirates, former manager George Graham, who won the DOUBLE with Arsenal as a player in 1971, expects big seasons for key players who have not featured as often as he would have liked.
"I want to see players like Tomas Rosicky and Robin van Persie fit for long periods, in the first team and contributing how we all know they can - Robin in particular," he said. "Those guys have simply not been in the team enough - their injury records are poor.
"It has been unsatisfactory, but let's hope that they can steer clear of injuries - because they do seem prone to picking up injuries far too often - and do well for the team.
"They are very talented players and Arsene has missed them in his squad. Last season they could even have been the difference between winning trophies or not.
You may also want to watch:
"With all these great players and all this great football, sometimes teams have to dig in and win when they are not playing well - Arsenal need to do that too.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill