The battle for festive cheer in the Ham&High office
- Credit: Archant
It’s fair to say opinion in the Ham&High office has been divided about when it’s acceptable to start singing Christmas songs.
If you listen to our news editor, December 20 gives plenty of time to “enjoy” Slade and co for one year.
However members of the reporting team think otherwise, and have been happily humming and singing festive tunes in the newsroom.
So who is right?
The social media-savvy team put it to the Twittersphere to decide last week, with mixed results.
You may also want to watch:
David Firn responded: “Singing Christmas songs before Advent IS a crime.”
And freelance journalist Suzanne Baum also agreed, claiming news editor Dave Burke was definitely in the right.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 4 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
Another respondent said there were grey areas.
@RiverfordLondonNbyNW replied back to us: “Well @HamandHigh, if @Ejsbanks is singing @poguesofficial #FairyTaleOfNewYork that may be ok. If it’s @SirCliffNews, listen to @DaveBurke12!”
Not that we sing a lot...