The Alliance: West Hampstead pub relisted asset of community value
- Credit: Cllr Lorna Russell
The Alliance pub in West Hampstead been relisted as an asset of community value (ACV).
The pub in Mill Lane was granted the status – which gives an additional layer of planning protection – after a nomination by the Fortune Green and West Hampstead Neighbourhood Development Forum (NDF).
The group’s co-chair, Keith Moffitt, said: "The NDF is delighted that The Alliance has been granted Asset of Community Value status for another 5 years.
"The Alliance isn't just an excellent pub, it's also a hub of the local community in West Hampstead.
"Lots of local groups including the NDF itself hold meetings there and it hosts some wonderful celebrations including a 100th birthday party a couple of years ago. It's great The Alliance has now got this additional protection."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Danny Beales, Camden Council’s cabinet member for planning, said: “The ACV designation recognises that the Alliance plays an important role in the area and contributes to the social interests and wellbeing of the local community now and in the future.”
First granted in 2016, the ACV status will now last another five years. This means that during this period the local community can buy the property if it is listed for sale – given a moratorium period of six months to mount a bid.
Seven flats have been built on the pub site in the last five years. An application for an additional two flats was withdrawn in March.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners