‘Thameslink service is so bad it should be taken over by TfL’ says politican
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Thameslink rail service, which runs through West Hampstead, Kentish Town and King’s Cross St Pancras, should be handed to TfL, a Mayoral hopeful has said.
Labour candidate Sadiq Khan pledged to urge the government to transfer responsibility for Thameslink services to TfL at the earliest opportunity, if elected.
And Andrew Dismore, Labour Assembly Member for Barnet and Camden said: “Thameslink’s performance has gone from bad to worse since Govia took it over.
“People using Thameslink from West Hampstead and Kentish Town know the service is so bad that there’s a strong case for terminating the franchise, and this would be a good time for TfL to take over.”
Thameslink spokesman Roger Perkins said: “It is for the Government to decide how to operate rail services.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to work our hardest to deliver on out commitments to this current franchise.
“Already we have introduced more night-time services to Luton Airport Parkway, via West Hampstead, but the work at London Bridge continues to delay services.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end