‘Thameslink service is so bad it should be taken over by TfL’ says politican
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Thameslink rail service, which runs through West Hampstead, Kentish Town and King’s Cross St Pancras, should be handed to TfL, a Mayoral hopeful has said.
Labour candidate Sadiq Khan pledged to urge the government to transfer responsibility for Thameslink services to TfL at the earliest opportunity, if elected.
And Andrew Dismore, Labour Assembly Member for Barnet and Camden said: “Thameslink’s performance has gone from bad to worse since Govia took it over.
“People using Thameslink from West Hampstead and Kentish Town know the service is so bad that there’s a strong case for terminating the franchise, and this would be a good time for TfL to take over.”
Thameslink spokesman Roger Perkins said: “It is for the Government to decide how to operate rail services.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to work our hardest to deliver on out commitments to this current franchise.
“Already we have introduced more night-time services to Luton Airport Parkway, via West Hampstead, but the work at London Bridge continues to delay services.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate