‘Thameslink service is so bad it should be taken over by TfL’ says politican
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Thameslink rail service, which runs through West Hampstead, Kentish Town and King’s Cross St Pancras, should be handed to TfL, a Mayoral hopeful has said.
Labour candidate Sadiq Khan pledged to urge the government to transfer responsibility for Thameslink services to TfL at the earliest opportunity, if elected.
And Andrew Dismore, Labour Assembly Member for Barnet and Camden said: “Thameslink’s performance has gone from bad to worse since Govia took it over.
“People using Thameslink from West Hampstead and Kentish Town know the service is so bad that there’s a strong case for terminating the franchise, and this would be a good time for TfL to take over.”
Thameslink spokesman Roger Perkins said: “It is for the Government to decide how to operate rail services.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to work our hardest to deliver on out commitments to this current franchise.
“Already we have introduced more night-time services to Luton Airport Parkway, via West Hampstead, but the work at London Bridge continues to delay services.”
- 1 Hampstead Heath 150: Swimmers celebrate a ‘breathtaking paradise’
- 2 Paedophile jailed for taking 'indecent photos' of a child
- 3 Cyclist brings Everest to Highgate in charity challenge
- 4 Nightmare continues at Tottenham in managerial search
- 5 Police appeal after shih-tzu mauled by dog in Regent's Park
- 6 Woman killed in Camden car crash
- 7 Camden man leaps from dock and flees court after being handed jail term
- 8 Old Haverstock Hill NatWest to become a Nisa
- 9 Campaign to protect 'century-old' lime tree in Highgate
- 10 Three recipes with strawberries