TfL to review road safety in Falloden Way - including possible crossing improvements
- Credit: Peter McCluskie
Transport for London is set to review safety issues at an accident blackspot in Falloden Way,
The transport body will look at a lack of signage on the road indicating the narrowing of the road and merging of lanes.
The possibility of a more prominent light-operated crossing at Midholm will also be considered.
25-year-old Dawid Szadowski was killed on the road in Hampstead Garden Suburb in August when his motorbike was hit by a van. Another motorcyclist, Benjamin Tillbrook was killed on the same stretch a year before.
London Assembly member for Camden and Barnet, Andrew Dismore welcomed the move. He said: “I am really pleased that these road safety risks are being reviewed, after my representations on my recent site visit with TfL. There has been several fatal accidents between Henley’s Corner and Ossulton Way in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
“Given the number of residents with small children and families that need to cross over, it is vital TfL gets this right.”
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 8 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 9 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 10 Friends and family remember 'marvellous' Cate Haste