TfL to review road safety in Falloden Way - including possible crossing improvements
- Credit: Peter McCluskie
Transport for London is set to review safety issues at an accident blackspot in Falloden Way,
The transport body will look at a lack of signage on the road indicating the narrowing of the road and merging of lanes.
The possibility of a more prominent light-operated crossing at Midholm will also be considered.
25-year-old Dawid Szadowski was killed on the road in Hampstead Garden Suburb in August when his motorbike was hit by a van. Another motorcyclist, Benjamin Tillbrook was killed on the same stretch a year before.
London Assembly member for Camden and Barnet, Andrew Dismore welcomed the move. He said: “I am really pleased that these road safety risks are being reviewed, after my representations on my recent site visit with TfL. There has been several fatal accidents between Henley’s Corner and Ossulton Way in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
“Given the number of residents with small children and families that need to cross over, it is vital TfL gets this right.”
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 7 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 8 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Redeveloping pubs and shops steals value from surrounding homes