TfL to review road safety in Falloden Way - including possible crossing improvements
- Credit: Peter McCluskie
Transport for London is set to review safety issues at an accident blackspot in Falloden Way,
The transport body will look at a lack of signage on the road indicating the narrowing of the road and merging of lanes.
The possibility of a more prominent light-operated crossing at Midholm will also be considered.
25-year-old Dawid Szadowski was killed on the road in Hampstead Garden Suburb in August when his motorbike was hit by a van. Another motorcyclist, Benjamin Tillbrook was killed on the same stretch a year before.
London Assembly member for Camden and Barnet, Andrew Dismore welcomed the move. He said: “I am really pleased that these road safety risks are being reviewed, after my representations on my recent site visit with TfL. There has been several fatal accidents between Henley’s Corner and Ossulton Way in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
“Given the number of residents with small children and families that need to cross over, it is vital TfL gets this right.”
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 7 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath