TfL to review road safety in Falloden Way - including possible crossing improvements
- Credit: Peter McCluskie
Transport for London is set to review safety issues at an accident blackspot in Falloden Way,
The transport body will look at a lack of signage on the road indicating the narrowing of the road and merging of lanes.
The possibility of a more prominent light-operated crossing at Midholm will also be considered.
25-year-old Dawid Szadowski was killed on the road in Hampstead Garden Suburb in August when his motorbike was hit by a van. Another motorcyclist, Benjamin Tillbrook was killed on the same stretch a year before.
London Assembly member for Camden and Barnet, Andrew Dismore welcomed the move. He said: “I am really pleased that these road safety risks are being reviewed, after my representations on my recent site visit with TfL. There has been several fatal accidents between Henley’s Corner and Ossulton Way in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
“Given the number of residents with small children and families that need to cross over, it is vital TfL gets this right.”
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike