Temple Fortune gift shop in Hampstead Garden Suburb nominated for national award
- Credit: Matthew Berger
A boutique Hampstead Garden Suburb gift shop has been nominated for a national greetings card retailer award.
Caxton, on Temple Fortune Parade, is up for the Retas Best Independent Greeting Card Retailer award.
Described as “the Oscars” for the UK greeting card industry, the Retas were set up in 2004. They recognise and celebrate independent and national greetings card retailers, and their staff.
Caxton was set up in 1990 as a stationers, before being transformed into a destination to buy luxury presents.
The shop is run by founder Angela Berger and her son Matthew. “We are quite laid back here...
You may also want to watch:
“It’s exciting. We always try and go the extra mile, and we know our customers. Matthew and I shop for our stock together, and we come at it from different genders and generations.”
Results will be announced at the Dorchester Hotel, on Wednesday July 11.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill