Temple Fortune gift shop in Hampstead Garden Suburb nominated for national award
- Credit: Matthew Berger
A boutique Hampstead Garden Suburb gift shop has been nominated for a national greetings card retailer award.
Caxton, on Temple Fortune Parade, is up for the Retas Best Independent Greeting Card Retailer award.
Described as “the Oscars” for the UK greeting card industry, the Retas were set up in 2004. They recognise and celebrate independent and national greetings card retailers, and their staff.
Caxton was set up in 1990 as a stationers, before being transformed into a destination to buy luxury presents.
The shop is run by founder Angela Berger and her son Matthew. “We are quite laid back here...
You may also want to watch:
“It’s exciting. We always try and go the extra mile, and we know our customers. Matthew and I shop for our stock together, and we come at it from different genders and generations.”
Results will be announced at the Dorchester Hotel, on Wednesday July 11.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 10 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return