Temple Fortune gift shop in Hampstead Garden Suburb nominated for national award
- Credit: Matthew Berger
A boutique Hampstead Garden Suburb gift shop has been nominated for a national greetings card retailer award.
Caxton, on Temple Fortune Parade, is up for the Retas Best Independent Greeting Card Retailer award.
Described as “the Oscars” for the UK greeting card industry, the Retas were set up in 2004. They recognise and celebrate independent and national greetings card retailers, and their staff.
Caxton was set up in 1990 as a stationers, before being transformed into a destination to buy luxury presents.
The shop is run by founder Angela Berger and her son Matthew. “We are quite laid back here...
You may also want to watch:
“It’s exciting. We always try and go the extra mile, and we know our customers. Matthew and I shop for our stock together, and we come at it from different genders and generations.”
Results will be announced at the Dorchester Hotel, on Wednesday July 11.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up