Temple Fortune gift shop in Hampstead Garden Suburb nominated for national award
- Credit: Matthew Berger
A boutique Hampstead Garden Suburb gift shop has been nominated for a national greetings card retailer award.
Caxton, on Temple Fortune Parade, is up for the Retas Best Independent Greeting Card Retailer award.
Described as “the Oscars” for the UK greeting card industry, the Retas were set up in 2004. They recognise and celebrate independent and national greetings card retailers, and their staff.
Caxton was set up in 1990 as a stationers, before being transformed into a destination to buy luxury presents.
The shop is run by founder Angela Berger and her son Matthew. “We are quite laid back here...
You may also want to watch:
“It’s exciting. We always try and go the extra mile, and we know our customers. Matthew and I shop for our stock together, and we come at it from different genders and generations.”
Results will be announced at the Dorchester Hotel, on Wednesday July 11.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home