Teenager attacked in Tube station
A TEENAGER was left with a broken jaw after an attempted robbery at Swiss Cottage underground station yesterday. A pool of blood was left on the station floor after the 19-year-old victim was attacked at around 5pm in front of shocked tube staff.
ATEENAGER was left with a broken jaw after an attempted robbery at Swiss Cottage underground station yesterday.
A pool of blood was left on the station floor after the 19-year-old victim was attacked at around 5pm yesterday in front of shocked tube staff.
He was accosted by five men who demanded money from him. One of the gang threw a punch which broke his jaw before they escaped onto the Finchley Road.
The victim, from Willesden, was taken to hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "We are reviewing CCTV from the station and making local enquiries and are also keen to hear from any witnesses to the incident or anyone who has any information which may assist our investigation."
One of the suspects is white, around 6ft 2ins and with a medium build. He is around 19 years of age and has a shaved head.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
Anyone who was at the station at the time of the incident is asked to contact BTP on Freephone 0800 40 50 40 quoting incident 460 of 11/5/09.